I've gained 20 lbs back!!!

Options
I'm feeling horrible after stepping on the scale this morning. I had been avoiding it for so long, but I finally got the courage to step on to it. I cant seem to get back on track. I was doing so well last year and I finally thought I had it all together. :( I just cant seem to start back up again. I swear to myself every Sunday night that I will start over on Monday and by the time Wednesday rolls through, I've thrown my arms up in the air and given up. I hate myself for it. It took me so long to finally start losing weight and I hate that Im doing this to my self but I just feel so stuck. :"(

Replies

• ceh5h
    ceh5h Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling horrible after stepping on the scale this morning. I had been avoiding it for so long, but I finally got the courage to step on to it. I cant seem to get back on track. I was doing so well last year and I finally thought I had it all together. :( I just cant seem to start back up again. I swear to myself every Sunday night that I will start over on Monday and by the time Wednesday rolls through, I've thrown my arms up in the air and given up. I hate myself for it. It took me so long to finally start losing weight and I hate that Im doing this to my self but I just feel so stuck. :"(
    Maybe now that you've had the courage to step on the scale, and you know how you're feeling right now compared to how you felt 20lbs ago, will give you the motivation you need? Try not to be so hard on yourself.
  • Positivestart
    Options
    I did the same before. Lost a lot of weight, but slipped back into old ways. I'm putting the past behind me. I did it before, I can do it again - so can you!!
  • dcglobalgirl
    dcglobalgirl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I could have posted the same posting, except that I'm 15 lbs up and my problem always starts when the weekend rolls around. I do fine Monday through Friday and then I ruin it all over the weekend. Want to friend me and maybe we can keep each other on track?
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    May I join your club? I'm also 15 pounds up, and it's such a bummer! We'll all find our way back.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    you've got to ask yourself why you fell off the bandwagon and into old habits again.
    Did you cut back your calories too much so you felt deprived?
    MFP has a habit of setting folk at 1200 to lose up to 2lbs a week but its more feasible to have a slower loss and eat at say 1400+ (i.e if you move a bit more you can eat half your exercise calories back as well).

We all like to eat at the weekends and we still can, within reason of course.

At least you're ready to try again.

btw in your profile pic you look slim, was that taken before or after the gain?
  • goldmay
    goldmay Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I've put on 10-15 pounds this year, which is about half of what I've lost over the last 2 years. I just keep reminding myself that I have proof that it *is* possible to lose the weight again, and that the hardest part is starting, while it gets easier along the way.