Weight loss? What do?

It's simple enough. You eat less, you move more. You don't need special food, you don't need to cut things out (medical issues aside, though limiting is probably still in the realm of possibilities, depending on what we're speaking of), and you don't need magic. What you will need:

1. Willpower, this is more of a mental battle than a physical one, the mind will give up far before your body

2. Patience

3. Trial and error

Everyone is different. If you want to call yourself a snowflake, so be it. We all have different goals, we all have different destinations. Where they intertwine is the journey at hand. I really enjoyed this article, this is how I treated my fat loss. At 170 lbs, I went aggressively for my goal and as time went on, I lessened that aggression. As time progressed, I made my calorie goal reflect closer and closer to my maintenance target.

http://evidencemag.com/fat-loss-deficit/

I preferred the TDEE method the best. At first, I used a calculator, I adjusted it from there. If you have a decently consistent routine, it'll make it easier to pinpoint and adjust accordingly. Remember just because you're given X amount to eat, doesn't mean it will reflect exactly the way it says. Different bodies, different metabolisms. There will be tweaking. Make sure you're eating to fuel your training. For me, I got the pleasant surprise of actually being able to eat more than what any calculator gives me for my stats.

The one thing to keep in mind is, sure you can lose weight faster with a more aggressive deficit but the less you weigh, the more likely you will lose muscle with fat if you sustain it. Keep more muscle and you'll have an easier maintenance, you'll be healthier, and you'll look so smexy and leaner than if you had jeopardized it for a number on the scale.

Resistance training is such a great thing to incorporate. Weightlifting is the tops. It helps you retain lean mass in a deficit, help you look lean. I like feeling like a badass, too ;)

Take before pictures! I have a tendency to be overly critical. I still take pictures to reflect changes during even my bulk. It's motivating when the scale is being stupid

Take measurements!

The number on the scale is still a decent tool but it's not king. Sure, ideally every few weeks you'll see a consistent loss over time but don't beat yourself up over daily fluctuations. Just because you weighed 150 in the morning and are 157 in the evening means nothing. Just because tomorrow you're 153 but yesterday you were 150. Don't fret. Fluctuations are a normal bodily thing, it is inevitable. I'm learning this, even in my bulk. I've gone from 118 lbs to 115 lbs back to 118 lbs over the course of 3 months. Visually, there are changes. Physically, my strength has improved. I take these things over the scale, any day. My goals are visual changes, strength gains, and health. The scale is only to keep me in check and it doesn't rule me.

Treat your goals as ever - changing.
Compare yourself only to you.
Never give up.

Remember you're amazing and worth every bit of effort. Love is the key to change. Your self worth is not a number on a scale or the size of your jeans. You can, you will, you must! ;)

oh, and I like this post too...A lot. It was kind of the instrumental key to my success

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

this world is made of peace and love!

wunxjr.gif

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    :drinker: :smooched: :heart:
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    :heart::drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart:
  • Dalton1720
    Dalton1720 Posts: 104
    Well said! <3
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    tumblr_m7kwtoVjMR1rziwwco1_250.gif
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    letmeloveyou.gif
  • AngelineTheBaker
    AngelineTheBaker Posts: 155 Member
    Great words! Thank you!:heart:
  • HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Now if Vash would just share his donuts stash. :sad:

I have been living by the scale to much lately. Really need to read over this today!! :heart: :heart:
  • amrelmesery
    amrelmesery Posts: 86 Member
    well said
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    I LIKE it! Sensible advice. :drinker:
  • rosnz
    rosnz Posts: 91 Member
    I enjoyed your post because I really have found weight loss that simple. I've eaten less, exercised more - still had a few glasses wine a week, have a couple of squares of chocolate every night, eaten normal food and reached my goal weight. Almost 15kg off in 5 months. Logged everything and stuck to the limits. Exercised more if I wanted/ needed to eat more. Congrats to you
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Now if Vash would just share his donuts stash. :sad:

I have been living by the scale to much lately. Really need to read over this today!! :heart: :heart:

<3

I think Vash should meet Sasha on Attack on Titan bahaha.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Can this just be stickied right next to Trog's???

3484131+_324e6e185371af92b24dfe0f855a56d8.jpg
    3631418+_5516d10213e278c0d12d3b4b6399e92a.jpg
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    tumblr_mf3jhfmzf31rp7oono1_500.gif
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    :drinker: