Cauliflower pizza?

Options

Replies

• MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Since we are resurrecting potato posts, let's raise up the cauliflower posts as well.
  • EverythingNicki
    Options
    Here is a link to an awesome Cauliflower pizza crust tutorial with pics that is also dairy free/paleo...I love it!

http://nutritionstripped.com/cauliflower-pizza-crust/#.UeVfxo03D2s
  • soozy84
    soozy84 Posts: 118
    Options
    I tried this tonight (although I didn't follow a recipe) and it was delicious:

I'm always on the hunt for ceoliac-friendly recipes and this is definitely one of them :)

niKboM
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mm5wk8R0FC1r5xzspo1_500.gif

this!!!
  • soozy84
    Options
    tumblr_mm5wk8R0FC1r5xzspo1_500.gif

this!!!

Why?
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    I made it, we all liked the taste but it was very time consuming to make and a big clean up. To me it defeated the reason we eat pizza LOL
  • soozy84
    Options
    It won't replace pizza for me but it was delicious and I'll definitely make it again. It only took me half an hour start to finish, but I already had the cauliflower prepared and in the freezer. I think it'll be good as finger food when my husband's father comes for drinks/dinner. He has ceoliac disease and gluten free pizza bases are vile!
  • gmthisfeller
    gmthisfeller Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Sorry if I am a bit late on this one. But what is cauliflower pizza? Is tit the base that is made from cauliflower? If so, please tell me how...

emily x

A complete and utter abomination! If God had wanted cauliflower pizza, God would have created brussel sprouts...oh....wait
  • amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried the cauliflower crust pizza yet. I have used a portabello mushroom as the "crust". I really like it. It's one of my favorites. I'm diabetic and I'm trying to reduce my carb intake.
    Here is one recipe - http://www.laurenslatest.com/low-carb-portobello-pizzas/
    There are lots out there and you can add whatever topping you like.
  • nurit1979
    nurit1979 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    It helps me sneak veggies in to my kiddo so I'm on board.

Here's a great recipe:

http://detoxinista.com/2012/01/the-secret-to-perfect-cauliflower-pizza-crust/
  • greentart
    greentart Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Well, Google can help with that

OR you can search through some forum post

Enjoy your research

:flowerforyou:

Can't stand people that do that. Can't you just answer the question instead of being so darn rude? If google was the answer for everything then there'd be no need for forums. Either answer or don't bother commenting. Some fitness pal you are! Tsk

However, a simple Google search would have popped up over a dozen recipes on the first page. There's a difference between "what's your opinion on cauliflower pizza?" And "what is it?"

It's the equivalent of going to the forums and posting "What should I do to lose weight?" At least put a LITTLE effort into it.

That being said, I think it's disgusting. My crust was mushy, it took too much effort, and it wasn't pizza. I would much rather have a thin crust pizza and deal with working it into my day than eating that again.
    But there is a nice recipe for cauliflower tots out there, that involves cheese which is pretty delicious. Definitely not a true replacement for tater tots, but still a nice veggy side.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    No, just no.
  • krisken1
    krisken1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I made it, we all liked the taste but it was very time consuming to make and a big clean up. To me it defeated the reason we eat pizza LOL

feel the same way.. i really enjoyed it.. but its alot of prep.. but maybe atleast try it once and see how you enjoy it..
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options

I've been wanting to try it forever, I'm allergic to gluten...

BUT this statement right here is why it's never been done in my kitchen.
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=cauliflower+crust+pizza

Strong necromancy, by the way.
    As for what it is, it's baked cauliflower with cheese and toppings made into the shape of a pizza pie.

I've had something similar but not made into any shape, just boiled cauliflower baked in tomato sauce with grated cheese over it. Was okay, a nice side dish.

I love all the butthurt it causes, though.
  • mlm5537
    mlm5537 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am not a cauliflower fan. But I DO love pizza. I make pizzas on a FlatOut light Italian Herb wrap. There are 90 calories in the wrap and it makes the perfect size personal pizza.
  • Schninie
    Schninie Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Well, Google can help with that

OR you can search through some forum post

Enjoy your research

:flowerforyou:

Can't stand people that do that. Can't you just answer the question instead of being so darn rude? If google was the answer for everything then there'd be no need for forums. Either answer or don't bother commenting. Some fitness pal you are! Tsk

However, a simple Google search would have popped up over a dozen recipes on the first page. There's a difference between "what's your opinion on cauliflower pizza?" And "what is it?"

It's the equivalent of going to the forums and posting "What should I do to lose weight?" At least put a LITTLE effort into it.

True! Yes there is a difference in the way the question COULD have been asked just like there COULD have been a difference in the way it was answered, but it wasn't asked that way was it, so back to what I originally said... Don't bother commenting or just give a decent answer... Still can't stand people like that, it's ignorant.
  • cyncm
    cyncm Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Did you really puree the RAW cauliflower in the blender?

I love cauliflower, not overcooked, but this recipe sounded backward, it seemed like you should cook then puree.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I am not even about to be messing with some dang egg whites.

I would like to make this from cauliflower, I have shredded Parmesan and shredded Romano, and also butter and shredded colby jack.

I need to find the right recipe for the crap I already stock.
  • chopsart
    chopsart Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I read several recipes for cauliflower pizza crust. I chose one from SparkPeople

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=1606756

OMG! It was awesome! My husband and I loved it, and no cauliflower taste. Of course there is quite a bit of cheese in the crust, and I added more spices then called for in the recipe-- but so worth it. the crust was crispy, this might be do to the fact that I oiled the pizza stone first. I plan to make it again this week.