One year, thirty pounds, happier! Pics!

Options
I joined MFP in february of last year. Up until that point, I had been weighing in around 174 for over a year. I exercised a lot- that was never a problem because I'm an adventurous gal- but I needed to learn to eat right again.

This is when I knew I had a problem. I'd been training in martial arts and running, so I thought I was ok...but then I saw this pic:

710859_3885.jpg

Not that I ever let the scale being at 165-174 keep me out of a bikini :)

710859_2318.jpg

710859_4538.jpg

My first six months on MFP I went from 174 down to 140-144 and I feel a lot more comfortable in my body. I've maintained that weight the last six months. I'm no super model and I want to do something about what's left of my belly, but I am pretty happy with my results. I'd like to lose another 10-15 lbs to get that really classy look...but I'm not unhappy.

710859_3750.jpg

710859_8453.jpg

710859_8002.jpg

41328_1459398935216_1540680965_31444582_1022752_n.jpg

Waist went from 34" to 29"
Hips went from 42" to 36"

710859.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• DidiEndless
    Options
    You just gave me some inspiration! thank you and congratulations, I think you look fabulous :)
  • mmellor
    mmellor Posts: 146
    Options
    Way to go! You look great! I can't wait till I can post before and afters and feel fabulous!! Thanks for posting!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! Congrats on all your hard work and best wishes for continued success! :)
  • tasteoheavn
    tasteoheavn Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, thatnk for your post. You've inspired me.
  • bree1609
    bree1609 Posts: 136
    Options
    Yay! I felt like I was reading an ad for a weight loss supplement, except this time I wasn't thinking, "yeah right, that person wasn't real." It's great to hear REAL people's success stories! Thanks for the motivation! And congrats!
  • jen_ferrante
    jen_ferrante Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Great job!! You look fab! Keep up the good work!
  • jtfish112
    jtfish112 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thank you! It's seeing results like this that keep me in the game!!!
  • ang2323
    ang2323 Posts: 20
    Options
    you look great!! congrats!! :drinker:
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    You look great!!! Congratulations!!
  • addman72
    addman72 Posts: 220
    Options
    smokin.

congrats well done
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    wow... you look incredible... well done and congratulations
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    its even better when I know in those first pics I was sucking it in as much as possible and in the last one, I didn't even know I was getting my picture taken.... The change is even more than you can see in the pics. I also like that the last pic shows where I'm really at...i still got a belly. I'm at my "goal weight" from when I started and that does bring up issues...like I still *feel* like I'm "a big girl" and I still see a lot wrong with my body. At 174 I thought I'd be satisfied at 144, but now I'm shooting for 135 wanting to be one of the "skinny" girls who can bend over without rolls...hahaha!

My advice to anyone just starting out is to recognize its not a diet, it's learning a new lifestyle. And part of that lifestyle is the reality that every once in a while, you're gonna eat a lot. Don't let it knock you down. But also, don't go too far under your calories. At 174, I would do some extreme diets that would make no difference. Really, the MFP 1200 cals was the ticket.

I'd like advice from anyone who knows how to kick the last ten pounds. That's my big struggle now!
  • madijo41
    madijo41 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    BAM!
  • alitarose
    alitarose Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Wow, I love your attitude and you look great. Inspiration for staying with this new lifestyle. Thank-you for posting!!
  • harrysdiner
    harrysdiner Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Congrats! It's not easy!! I started trying to lose weight last April. I joined MFP in august and have lost 31 pounds. I'm at my goal weight but 'm contemplating losing alittle more.
  • rnroadrunner
    rnroadrunner Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

you are awesome! Great Job!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Congrat`s to you!!!You look GREAT!!!
    Such a success story and great pics.Thanks for sharing!!
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    wow, you look so great! i can't wait to post my pre and post pics lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!