need some serious motivation support!!

Options
I have been trying this weight loss thing for a long time now....i have always had problems with my weight but was able to lose over 70 pounds about 6 years ago. I feel like it is absolutely impossible to achieve anything close to that now. It is hard to be around family and others who do not care what they eat and will sit right in front of me with a big piece of cake! I feel like it is so hard to stay motivated and I need some advice. I just had my little boy 6 months ago and i lost the weight i gained with him but can't seem to lose anything else. I really want to be healthy for not only myself but my beautiful little man! I want to be around to see him grow up and really need any advice to help me. I just can't seem to get full unless i eat a ton and I have high blood pressure and thyroid issues so i know i am not suppose to take anything to suppress my appetite but i am not sure how to even start to go about this process. Thanks for any advice!!!! :)

Replies

• HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    You have to find foods that are more filling.

Chicken, Fish for example.

MFP is probably telling you to eat 1200 calories, that's probably too low.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Eat a little less, move a little more.
  • aprilnicole1987
    Options
    Thank you so much for the advice!! :)
  • hoyagirl03
    hoyagirl03 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I agree with Herk --- you've gotta get the right calories in to support whatever you're doing. Protein: grilled chicken, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, etc, are great fillers as well as complex carbs, like sweet potatoes and root veggies that can go with almost any meal. Lay off the processed foods, etc.
    What type of workouts are you doing? Be sure that you're not eating enough--- that can get you into a bit of trouble too.
  • aprilnicole1987
    Options
    Thank you for giving me some examples of different foods! I am doing just dance on the wii like twice a week and i walk sometimes...any advice on some good weight loss exercises that i can do without passing out or feeling like i am going to! lol
  • ehodgdend4
    ehodgdend4 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thank you for giving me some examples of different foods! I am doing just dance on the wii like twice a week and i walk sometimes...any advice on some good weight loss exercises that i can do without passing out or feeling like i am going to! lol

Walking
    Bike riding
    weight training
    any thing that gets you moving
    Start slow and work yourself up to a amount of time, just dont try to run a 5k the first day baby steps and soon you'll start noticing you can go longer or farther