30 and ready to make a big, big change!

Options
Hello, everyone! My name is Dee and I just turned 30, and I'm tired of, well, being so tired all the time!

Besides dealing with hypothyroidism (which doesn't exactly help...), I've been having a really tough time with my weight. Growing up I always felt a bit overweight, but now when I look at pictures, I wasn't as big as I felt! And, in retrospect, it would have been much easier to keep being thinner and healthier rather than not care...

But, alas, fast forward a few years, and here I am, ready to finally make the change I need to change! I'm wanting to be healthier and want to be able to go on hikes without getting out of breath and feeling like I'm going to topple over!

I think I have a somewhat dependent relationship with food, where I found myself eating out of boredom rather than hunger and necessity. It's tough for me to say a lot of this out loud, but I feel like if I don't, I will never want to actually make a change.

The hardest part, as I'm guessing is the case with most of us on here (:smile: ) is finding the motivation to keep at it! I have a handful of friends and family members who made fitness a priority and a daily part of their routine, and they are healthier and more fit now than they've ever been. And well, virtual friends, I want to be there too!

The more the merrier! Let's keep each other going and motivated to get healthy!

Replies

• Drkchyld
    Drkchyld Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me
  • graci0221
    graci0221 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! It's tough trying to stay motivated, but you just need to take one day at a time or that's what i keep telling myself and it seems to be working for me and If I cheat or get lazy, I work harder the next day. Anyway Feel free to add me if you'd like :)
  • Positivestart
    Options
    I'm loving the motivation of everyone. It's too hard to feel like you're doing this alone.

I'm 31 and stopping being flabby!
  • TRD66
    TRD66 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    A very similar story to a lot of people on here. But it doesn't matter why you're here, now you are you've made the first step.

Intergrating exercise/fitness/healthy eating into a daily schedule looks tough, but once you've achieved it you'll wonder what the fuss was about. Small changes at first and use the forums here for tips on different exercises and meal ides.

Find and exercise (or two, or three) that you enjoy - that is important - and then find 20 minutes, half an hour to get started on it. You'll quickly find it'll become easier to find the time, especially if you are enjoying what you're doing.

Don't go food shopping hungry :devil: it's a killer!!

Good luck, and best wishes.
  • bumblestuhl
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. I have hypothyroid and have struggled with issues similar to yours. I'm active again after a long year of not moving enough. Joined the gym and got a fitbit. Going into a really healthy eating plan and learning to love the woman I am - today- not the one who's in the future.
    I need support so I look forward to adding you as friend
  • lemonsnlove
    lemonsnlove Posts: 200
    Options
    Hey the dirty 30s are the most fun, sending u a request let's get healthy together!