New to MFP - Just want to say hi!

Options
Hi everyone! I'm Amanda. I'm new to this site coming from another; I think I really like this one better.

A little about me....I've struggled with my weight for years as having been an overweight child. In 2009, I decided to have gastric banding surgery. The process hasn't been as smooth as I had hoped but I have made some progress. I've decided it is time to shake things up so time to get regimented and track my calories (I got away from doing it).

Would love to make some friends on here and help encourage each other as I think my going this alone in the past is part of my downfall.

Thanks! Have a great day!!

Replies

• JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. It's a great place to be. I too had weight loss surgery in 2003, but managed to put it all back on. This time I decided to make it a lifestyle change, not a diet. This site has helped me lose 61 pounds since July 4, 2010. Good luck on your weight loss journey. Feel free to add me as a friend and we can help motivate each other.
  • Jaypea15
    Jaypea15 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Welcome, this is a great site, with lovely helpful people. I call it a facebook for likeminded people. Were in it together, fighting the battle! Feel free to add me too :)
  • manleyzoo
    manleyzoo Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Welcome, this is a great place to be. :) Friend me if you wish.
  • kris2683
    kris2683 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site! I will send you a friend request, I could use more support as well.:smile: