Starting 30 Day Shred

Options
On Sunday I stared the 30 Day Shred. For now I'm using YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8

But my DVD should arrive today. Does anybody want to join me? I haven't taken measurements yet, only before pictures. And my bikini is wayyy to small :D

Replies

• Dragonborn79
    Dragonborn79 Posts: 161
    Options
    I'll play. I just finished my second day of of 30DS LV1. I took measurements and weighed myself this morning, but I didn't take pictures.
  • emilyedmonds2017
    emilyedmonds2017 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am on day two of 30 day shred.

I ache a bit today.

I have weighed myself but not taken measurement, which I really should be doing, (and maybe pictures too) as the scales are not always the answer!

My start weight is 196lbs.

How are you planning on doing the exercises? I am going to be doing it 6 days a week (mon-sat), a rest day on a Sunday.

Here's to the next 28 days!!

Good luck.

Emily :)
  • jessgirl88
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm planning to start on Sunday/Monday. I'm currently in my last week of 42 Days to Fit (http://42daystofit.com/), so I'm wanting another challenge to keep me going.
  • Dragonborn79
    Options
    I'm open. I was planning on just going for it until I needed a rest day. haha

LV1: June 1-10
    LV2: June 11-20
    LV3: June 21-30

I'm starting with 8lb weights, but I feel like my arms are going to fall off now.
  • BusyCyclist
    BusyCyclist Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    On Sunday I was 80.6 kg (177Ibs 11oz) so that's my starting weight, today I'm 80 kg (176 Ibs 6 oz) but I think that's just my normal weight fluctuation.

I'm planning to do Mon-Sat as well. But I already know I'll have problems following that because I'm going away this weekend. I'll try!

I ached a bit yesterday, even more when I was doing the workout. Today isn't too bad, but wait till I try out my new 2kg (8Ibs 13oz) weights ...
  • katrkels11
    katrkels11 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'll join in! I have done the 30ds level one several times but I always have something that comes up so I don't do a day and then i just stop. I really want to finish it this time! Last summer I was doing it and in just 7 days I could feel the difference in my stomach and I could do REAL pushups for the first time! I'm going to be starting today!
  • emilyedmonds2017
    emilyedmonds2017 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm only using 1kg weights at the moment, but plan to 'up' them as I go along the program. Although my arms kill, just with 1kg!

But we're not going to make progress if we don't push ourselves!

:happy:
  • kcasey155
    kcasey155 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Ha, I don't have weights and have been using tins of baked beans! Seem to be working though. I'm on Level 1, day 8, but don't have time to do it every single day, so it's taken me 11 days to get to day 8.

Oh, can't do push ups at all, modified or otherwise, but still feel my arms strengthening with the effort of trying, lol!
  • Missyclaire1974
    Options
    OK you've convinced me, see what a little encouragement can do :-)))
    I'll look for the DVD tonight and start it tomorrow hopefully.
  • Dragonborn79
    Options
    Ha, I don't have weights and have been using tins of baked beans! Seem to be working though. I'm on Level 1, day 8, but don't have time to do it every single day, so it's taken me 11 days to get to day 8.

Oh, can't do push ups at all, modified or otherwise, but still feel my arms strengthening with the effort of trying, lol!

Can you plank? That might be a good place to start with push ups!
  • LynneW1983
    LynneW1983 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options

Have you tried counter push-ups. I was shocked at how much my arms ached after it.
  • Clarehc
    Clarehc Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Ooh, good thread. I started this on June 1 too so just done day 3. Quite hard going! I am doing walking and C25K too so my cardio is not too bad but I have no upper body strength, I never have had. I have weights that are 2 or 3kg, can't remember, and I do sometimes have to do 2 reps of a weight training exercise, rest for one rep, then two more etc. My thighs, abdomen and upper arms are killing, I have to say! I also find getting up and down for the exercises hard work, lol. And I think I hate Jillian Michaels...
  • LeticiaP268
    LeticiaP268 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good Luck Ladies! I just finished 30DS for the second time last week and moved on to Ripped in 30.
  • kcasey155
    Options
    Geared myself up to do the 30 Day Plank Challenge in February (after completing the 30 Day Squat Challenge) and discovered I couldn't get past day 1.That's kinda what made me look for a program that helps to strengthen my core muscles. So nope, can't hold a plank. That's what having five kids does to your insides! However, determination to achieve a modified push-up means I'm struggling through and slowly getting there. After a week of this program I am making slow but steady progress, although it's not going to happen overnight I will eventually achieve a modified push-up.
  • BusyCyclist
    BusyCyclist Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    That's the spirit ladies. It's hurting now, but by July we'll be so much closer to a beach body :wink:
  • helsbelshms
    helsbelshms Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I keep joining these threads then stop after 2 or 3 days. Think I'll join this one and start tonight. I have done 30DS before and I'm also starting to hate Jillian Michaels, but the results are worth it. I'll be using 2kg weights and going to attempt to do every day except Wednesday as that's my Zumba day.
  • JulieDee14
    Options
    Count me in, too! Starting tonight after work!
  • kmr15963
    kmr15963 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I just did D1W1 yesterday and found this thread today. I ache a bit and my form was terrible on a few of the exercises but I will get there..

Looking forward to the support and reading how everyone is doing.
  • Chriosania
    Chriosania Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started level 1 today. I couldn't keep up the whole time and I definitely need more than 5 seconds to get my breath back, however I'm asthmatic and had pneumonia last summer, so I'm still experiencing some lung capacity issues.
    When I first stopped, I felt like I was going to die. After showering though, I'm feeling not too bad.
  • kcasey155
    Options
    The first circuit in level one is definitely a bit of a killer and I do find circuits two and three easier, but I don't know if that's because I'm more warmed up by then. You're not alone in finding it tough going, but I find every day a little bit easier.