Weight Loss Plateau

Options
Hey everyone,

For the past two months, I've been stuck fluctuating between 80-85KG. I can't seem to get anywhere below 80KG regardless of how heavy I train, how much I run or how healthy I eat.

My diary is open to have a view if you need to see how I've been eating, I know it seems like I've been eating a little amount but it's what my trainer recommended to me - Also when I eat these sizes of meals, I feel satisfied.

If anyone could lead me into the right direction of breaking this plateau, it would be much appreciated.
My overall goal is to just be at 70KG, they always say the last 10KG is the hardest and I understand it now - all help is appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    easy you are eating more than you think...

you don't weigh your solids and I can tell just by one entry today you aren't checking those to make sure they are correct.....

6 wings fried 366 calories....you wish.

http://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/foods/show/6880?fg=&man=&lfacet=&count=&max=25&qlookup=fried+chicken+wing&offset=&sort=&format=Abridged&reportfmt=other&rptfrm=&ndbno=&nutrient1=&nutrient2=&nutrient3=&subset=&totCount=&measureby=&_action_show=Apply+Changes&Qv=1&Q12842=1.0&Q12843=1.0&Q12844=6
    Per usda site 6 wings bone and skin removed 486 calories...6 wings usually are 600 calories with skin (I know I like wings)

And since you just joined here in June...there is no way of seeing any other logs

And what I do see you are at 1200-1400 caloreis :noway: You need to hire a new trainer if he has a man on such a low calorie diet.
  • TheLoneButler
    TheLoneButler Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I uploaded that off my phone and I've just been using the Internal database this website provides.
    So that 6 wings friend = 366 calories is due to information that was input into the database.
    I'm sorry for the inaccuracy in the post.

In saying that - Should I be boosting up my caloric intake?
  • MaggieLoo79
    MaggieLoo79 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    The database isn't always correct. Avoid entries marked "Generic." Cross reference if you can.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I uploaded that off my phone and I've just been using the Internal database this website provides.
    So that 6 wings friend = 366 calories is due to information that was input into the database.
    I'm sorry for the inaccuracy in the post.

In saying that - Should I be boosting up my caloric intake?

the inaccuracy is based on the entry used. Try to find usda entries and double check nutritional data

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide?hl=Logging+accurately&page=3#posts-19337078

In saying that you need to be very accurate with your intake to know exactly how many calories you are consuming.

As for the trainer...anyone who tells a man to eat 1200 calories a day needs fired today.

I ate on average 1750 calories a day for the last year and lost weight and I am a 41 year old woman...
  • TheLoneButler
    TheLoneButler Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I appreciate the cross referencing tip, that comes in handy.
    I will be sure to double check nutritional data for future reference - I appreciate the informative responses.

I will be boosting up my calories tomorrow to see if this is the solution.
    Whenever I've thought of weight loss, I've always thought that less is better - After doing some research through these forums. - I believe I may have put my body into starvation mode or something along those lines.

I will try to boost up my calories for the next two weeks and see how it goes.
    Thank you very much for the feedback!