Tired of trying

Options
Hi everyone! I need help.
I've been working out pretty hard for the fast few months and have been working out for a couple or years or more. But in all this time I have barely lost anything. In the last few months I have been running almost everyday at least two miles and doing weight exercises along with it. I usually take sundays off and do 20 minutes of yoga. I eat about 1200 calories a day give or take and weight 130-135 lbs and am 5'3". I eat super healthy and make sure everything I put into my body is going to give me nutrients. But despite all of my work nothing has happened besides gaining a little bit of muscle. I'm ready to give up....someone please help me!

Replies

• tinkbaby101
    tinkbaby101 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Are you tracking your foods? Weighing and measuring? Because estimates can be off by quite a lot, and more than likely the culprit to your lack of weight loss is eating more calories than you believe you are.

Also, you're currently a healthy weight for your height, which is something to take into consideration.
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    5'3" at 130 lbs sounds like you're in pretty good shape to me. What are the goals you're trying to reach? At this point in the game, you're probably pretty fit. You probably need to eat more food than what you are consuming now. Your body requires fuel to function properly. Also, are you tracking your body fat % or body measurements? You can have pretty significant progress in reducing body fat % and measurements and have your weight stay exactly the same. It can be frustrating (this is the same boat I'm in now), but don't give up. The last bit of fine tuning is always the most difficult.

Allan
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I need help.
    I've been working out pretty hard for the fast few months and have been working out for a couple or years or more. But in all this time I have barely lost anything. In the last few months I have been running almost everyday at least two miles and doing weight exercises along with it. I usually take sundays off and do 20 minutes of yoga. I eat about 1200 calories a day give or take and weight 130-135 lbs and am 5'3". I eat super healthy and make sure everything I put into my body is going to give me nutrients. But despite all of my work nothing has happened besides gaining a little bit of muscle. I'm ready to give up....someone please help me!

eating "super healthy" at 1200 does not mean you are getting all the nutrients you need...and you are not building muscle...

If you aren't losing then you are at maitenance...

Log accurately and consistently.
  • panthergirl59
    panthergirl59 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are where I want to be (5'3" and 130) but you do have to log consistently to see success. Another thing that has helped me is using a heart rate monitor when I work out. I thought I was working harder than I was and now I know when I'm slacking off. That was the best investment I've made.
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    130lb at 5'3 is a great weight. I am 5'3 and that is my goal weight. When you're already at a healthy weight, it's pretty hard to lose more.
  • youngwildnginger
    Options
    Thanks for the comments everyone! I'll keep close track of my food (I like to journal by hand rather than by app). And I'll look into the heart rate monitor I think that'll help because yeah I do catch myself slacking every now and again. I do go by measurements and did lose 1/4 inch everywhere a few months ago but nothing anymore. I know I'm at a healthy weight but I just want to be more toned, you know flat tummy thinner thighs all that. My arms and back are fine, I carry my weight in my lower half. Anyways thanks everyone! I'll try your suggestions!
  • kk_140
    kk_140 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    You're not gaining muscle at 1,200 calories a day. You're probably over estimating calories