Healthy Snack Ideas

Options
louwho34
louwho34 Posts: 13 Member
I am looking for new ideas for healthy snacks to eat in the mornings and afternoons between meals. Right now, I munch on carrots & hummus, cucumbers & dip, peanuts, cashews and trail mix but I am getting bored. Problem is I am trying to stay low carb but I am not a huge veggie person so I am struggling in that area. Do you have any suggestions for quick, low calorie/carb and easy to transport snack ideas? I sit at desk all day and don't really have time to get up and prepare something outside of lunch.

Thanks for your help!

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    canned sardines or beef jerky are my go to snacks for added protein/fat. both have very little carb content
  • ElliSwan
    ElliSwan Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I also work at an office all day, but i keep a jar of natural peanut butter in my desk and string cheese in our fridge! Once you feel comfortable with your ability to eat healthy, add in a piece of fruit like an apple or banana as a snack.
  • rodduz
    rodduz Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Cheese, olives, fruit. Just remember these things all add up though!
  • jobean12
    jobean12 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I do low carb as well and more recently have been allowing myself dannon light and fit yogurt with Kashi go lean cereal in it. Low in calories, decent in carbs... more than I should be having but it is heaven!!!!!!!!!! I am still losing weight and feel like I am allowing a little indulgence.
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    String cheese, asiago cheese and honey, yogurt, breakstone's cottage cheese doubles, pretzels with ranch (my new favorite snack), chips and salsa, peanut butter and banana, beef jerky, smoked sausage, lunchmeat.. endless possibilities :wink:
  • julieamback
    Options
    I'm in the same boat so I keep smartpop popcorn in my desk for mid-morning snack. I bring fruit like apples or bananas & keep almond butter in my drawer but also had baby carrots for when I wanted something crunchy. I also have the premixed protein shakes for post-workout since I go to the gym during my lunch hour.
  • aneary1980
    aneary1980 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Olives, fruit, yoguart, dried fruit (apple rings are really yummy).