Met first GW, 10 pounds lost!

Options
tracydr
tracydr Posts: 528 Member
I didn't log my starting weight because it was just too awful to face. I was 158 at my highest, about 6 weeks ago. I'm now at 148.6!
New goals are at 5 lb intervals, for a total of 53 pounds. I may change my final goal if I find it unsustainable to be below 115. I was 105 when I joined the Air Force in 1989 at the age of 24. I've been slowly climbing to this weight and I can't stand it. I have a few reasons to lose. I need to unload my aching joints caused by avascular necrosis and an autoimmune disease. ( antiphospholipid syndrome). I would like to hold off on bilateral knee and ankle replacements for as long as possible. Also having terrible bilateral hip and back pain. I hate the way my clothes fit and the way I feel at this weight. I'd like to get off blood pressure, cholesterol and pain medications.
Finally, and this is the biggest-my goal in life is to become a cave and trimix diver. I need to get stronger, thinner and in better aerobic condition so that I can pass my classes. We are moving to North Carolina next month and from where we will be living we'll be within 1 hour of great ship wreck diving and 6 hours from the Florida caves.
So, losing at a steady 1-1.5 lbs a week. I'm sure that will slow down to 0.5 but that's okay. Getting into better shape, tweaking my macros to make me healthier and lower my cholesterol. Gradually increasing my exercise to achieve my goals.
I was in a wheelchair or crutches for about 8 months last year. I had two major knee surgeries to remove stem cells from my hips and put them in the knees to help reduce pressure in the bones and to fill in new bones/cartilage. Finally, I'm seeing some results. Clothes fitting better, face looks slimmer and I'm having a slight decrease in pain.
I can hardly wait to post before and after pictures but I'm going to wait a bit. Don't think I have any pics at my highest weight but took some today.

Replies

• pkrey12
    pkrey12 Posts: 3
    Options
    Congrats! I'm hoping to do the same. :smile:
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? I am assuming you are not much over 5'4" at that goal. At least I hope you aren't. Congrats on the first ten pounds down :D
  • tracydr
    Options
    I'm only 61". (5'1"). I also have tiny bones. I always have to get several links removed from watches. My glove size for surgery is 6.5 and I wear XXS leather gloves for women for working outdoors.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Oh OK. Good luck!
  • sbrookes9
    sbrookes9 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your 10 pound loss and best wishes on your journey to a healthier life.
  • tracydr
    Options
    Thanks,all!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!