any post preggo success stories?

Options

Replies

• Rokoye83
    Rokoye83 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am 16 months post-partum with my second daughter. Through consistent logging, yoga, and aerial arts I am back to my pre-baby weight. I still have bit of firming up to do in the tummy area, but overall, I like my shape better now than pre-kids! Good luck, friend me if you would like :)
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I started losing weight around Thanksgiving, SW 180, CW 149ish. Have been nursing throughout weight loss. I eat my calorie deficit plus a portion of exercise calories, and I was adding in some breastfeeding calories in the beginning (daughter is now 2 and only nurses 1 or twice per day). I exercise about 30 min 6 days a week, doing cardio and weights. I workout at home, so I use videos and dumbbells.

If I had access to a gym, I would have gone with lifting heavy weights. It is totally possible to still lose even if you don't have a ton of resources available. You can do it!

ETA: I'm 5'7", so 149 is well within the healthy range for me. I'm less than 15 lbs from goal weight and wearing pre-pregnancy clothes.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    NM.....It looks like I was misinformed......All these tricksters here on the forums......
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I would PM Seltzermint. Someone told me she has a few kids but she still looks great.

DONE!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options

And really, what is wrong with saying "pregnant"

Preggo and Preggers are two of my biggest pet peeve words.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,216 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I would PM Seltzermint. Someone told me she has a few kids but she still looks great.

doh! Don't do it!

Why you picking on Seltzermint!?
  • Jacwhite22
    Options

doh! Don't do it!

Im not picking on anyone. What do you mean? I've never talked to her or anything just seen her in the forums.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Post Preggo Success Haiku

C-section in June

6 weeks healing time; nursing.

Fall workouts: Success!
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,216 MFP Moderator
    Options

doh! Don't do it!

Im not picking on anyone. What do you mean? I've never talked to her or anything just seen her in the forums.

:flowerforyou: Hasn't she been pretty vocal about not having and not wanting kids?

Edit because I can.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

doh! Don't do it!

I thought you were complimenting her? (I think he was complimenting her. )
  • Jacwhite22
    Options

doh! Don't do it!

:flowerforyou: Hasn't she been pretty vocal about not having and not wanting kids?

Edit because I can.

I didn't know about that. I was obviously misled. I have edited my original post.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

And really, what is wrong with saying "pregnant"

Preggo and Preggers are two of my biggest pet peeve words.

Prego is one of my fave's tho.
  • Jacwhite22
    Options

doh! Don't do it!

I thought you were complimenting her? (I think he was complimenting her. )

I was complementing her. But apparently she hasn't really had kids. I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    2 children. Both C-Sections.
    Gained 65 lbs with first child.

Now I hover around my prepregnacy weight, sometimes lower.

But I look much better now because of the fact I work very hard at the gym.

You can get your body back. You can even have a better one.
    But in order to do so you need to make time and not excuses.
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options

DONE!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That is awesome!
  • MrsMajor87
    MrsMajor87 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Ok ill aim for 1800. I've been terrible about logging my food but I know it works so i'm going to start today and stick to it. Then i''ll get to post my success story in the near future :)

Would bad sleep really make a huge difference in my weight loss? My daughter still wakes me up 1-2xs a night, and who knows when she'll start to sleep through the night.

How old is your little one? You actually have the option to add breastfeeding calories in your diary depending on little ones age. YOu just enter "breastfeeding" like you would add food and then a bunch of options come up. The first 6 months I never went below 1700 calories, the first 3 months i'd eat 1800-2000 then decreased to 1700 and after he was closer to a year old (9-12months) I went down to 1500-1600. Good luck!!! Breastfeeding is a lot of work!!!

She just turned 6 months old a week ago
  • MrsMajor87
    Options
    er.. there isn't anything wrong with saying pregnant.. I just happened to write preggo in this post.
  • TheMrsCole
    TheMrsCole Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Maybe not completely back yet but I gave up for a long time! Down 60 lbs now and not going to give up. Your body is a miraculous thing, it will do what you want it to as long as you keep going!
  • MrsMajor87
    Options
    ive been working out a little over a month and I feel SO much stronger but Im just not seeing a big change visually. Ive been doing the 30DS, and i'm accepting that my calorie intake is probably the issue. Hopefully i'll see a bigger difference once I start counting my calories. My husband swears he see's a difference but I think he's just saying that to keep me motivated :)
  • jaireed
    jaireed Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I will try to share my pictures here. I am a breastfeeding mama who has had success with losing the mama weight. Pre pregnancy I was 123 lbs. I gained 60 pounds while pregnant weighing 184 lbs the day I gave birth. Today I weigh 133 lbs 8 months after having my darling daughter. My whole pregnancy my doctor and nurses made me feel awful for gaining so much weight. I left the appointments in tears every time. The first 20 lbs came off easily and the next 50 lbs I had to consciously work for. I didn't work out until 6 months after I gave birth. I stopped logging my food because I became obsessed and noticed a decrease in my supply. I just ate healthy choices: oatmeal, fat free yogurt, fruits, veggies and meats. I try to stay away from white carbs. I have hypothyroidism and find that I gain easily on them. Not sure if these pictures will post. My before pregnancy/ 40 weeks/ 8 months after. I really want to post a 9 months in 9 months out success story so I need to keep working out. I thought I'd share early though, since you asked. I am doing Bikini Body Mommy 90 day challenge. I'm on day 60 and I just finished the 30 day shred. I was eating about 2000 plus calories a day which I have brought down to about 1800 to 1900 to try to get to pre pregnancy weight before my daughter is 9 months. However I've got some AMAZING mamas I met on here for support who have taught me it's about how you feel and not the number. I feel strong. It takes time. Your body just made a baby!!!!!!!!! Be patient. Be kind. Make healthy choices.
    Before 1o4saa.jpg
    9 months Pregnant: jiier8.jpg
    Yesterday 20u72ox.jpg