Recommendations for Fitness Trackers

Options
secoke
secoke Posts: 69 Member
I'm in the market for a fitness tracker and all options are starting to look the same so I wanted some feedback. I do a lot of indoor cycling classes, weight lifting and circuit training so most of the trackers I've researched (Fitbit, Jawbone, Polar Loop) don't look like they would even really be able to monitor this kind of exercise. I recently found the Basis Health Tracker which is the first one I've seen to include a heart rate monitor but I haven't heard from anyone who has used this tracker. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• CA_Underdog
    CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    The Basis, like most non-HRM trackers, is poor at measuring athletic exertions like brisk walking, running, or spin classes. A Garmin Vivofit or Polar Loop would be better and current-generation choices.
    The long form version is that the Basis B1 was designed “for the other 23 hours of the day”, and as such the optical heart rate measurement has significant issues when it comes to accurately tracking heart rate at elevated levels associated with sports activities.. Even while cycling indoors on a trainer I’ll see cases where my actual heart rate would be 150BPM, and the Basis unit thinks it’s 110BPM.

--- DCRainMaker
  • metulchik
    metulchik Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    sorry, I don't have any answers for you...I just want to save the thread as I have also been trying to decide between the many options :smile:
  • jcmartin217
    jcmartin217 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I bought a Polar Loop to track everyday activity. You can also purchase a heart rate monitor to pair with the Loop when using it with the activities you listed. The only thing I don't like about it....Polar for some reason doesn't want to play with MFP
  • jaclutts
    jaclutts Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've used a body media fitness tracker which works with MFP. Requires a monthly subscription of $7.00. Worked wonderful until I found that I have an allergy to the nickle in the sensor. It is able to measure all differnt activities.
  • secoke
    secoke Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I hadn't even heard of the Body Media, it looks great, thanks for the suggestion.