any post preggo success stories?

Options
13»

Replies

• MrsMajor87
    MrsMajor87 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I will try to share my pictures here. I am a breastfeeding mama who has had success with losing the mama weight. Pre pregnancy I was 123 lbs. I gained 60 pounds while pregnant weighing 184 lbs the day I gave birth. Today I weigh 133 lbs 8 months after having my darling daughter. My whole pregnancy my doctor and nurses made me feel awful for gaining so much weight. I left the appointments in tears every time. The first 20 lbs came off easily and the next 50 lbs I had to consciously work for. I didn't work out until 6 months after I gave birth. I stopped logging my food because I became obsessed and noticed a decrease in my supply. I just ate healthy choices: oatmeal, fat free yogurt, fruits, veggies and meats. I try to stay away from white carbs. I have hypothyroidism and find that I gain easily on them. Not sure if these pictures will post. My before pregnancy/ 40 weeks/ 8 months after. I really want to post a 9 months in 9 months out success story so I need to keep working out. I thought I'd share early though, since you asked. I am doing Bikini Body Mommy 90 day challenge. I'm on day 60 and I just finished the 30 day shred. I was eating about 2000 plus calories a day which I have brought down to about 1800 to 1900 to try to get to pre pregnancy weight before my daughter is 9 months. However I've got some AMAZING mamas I met on here for support who have taught me it's about how you feel and not the number. I feel strong. It takes time. Your body just made a baby!!!!!!!!! Be patient. Be kind. Make healthy choices.
    Before 1o4saa.jpg
    9 months Pregnant: jiier8.jpg
    Yesterday 20u72ox.jpg

You look amazing! I hope I can get to this point :) Im afraid of counting calories for that very reason. I really want to keep BF until she's a year old and i'm worried about my supply. I try to stay on a healthy diet but I fall off sometimes just because i'm so run down the last thing I want to do is cook so we just order out. I was about 165 at 39 weeks and I shed about 25 pounds quick after that. Since then i've slowly gone down to 133 and i've been stuck here. I've decided to not obsess over the scale and just take measurements. I just wish I had taken measurements from the start :\
  • jaireed
    jaireed Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing phenomenally! I've been fluctuating between 136 and 133 now for the last 2 months, but have seen results in pictures. I don't know if I measure right! I see more results in my pictures and I am glad I take them. I hear those last few pounds hold on for dear life when bfing. I really want to continue for at least a year. We will see. I loved 30 DS. I finished yesterday and now I am not sure what to do. Have you tried Bikini Body Mommy? It's free on youtube and I LOVE her! I liked doing the combo of BBM and 30 DS for a little something more. I am thinking about doing a Couch to 5K. I'd better think of something to do quick before I lose my workout mojo. You are doing amazing! Keep it up!
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    One year postpartum (yesterday!) and while I haven't reached my definition of success (still want to lower my BF% and see my abs), I am below my pre-pregnancy weight and see changes in my body composition. Just do a good job logging your food at a slight deficit and give yourself an extra 500 calories for breastfeeding. Find time to workout, either during naps or take the baby for a walk/run. I would absolutely recommend weight lifting to see the most changes in your body, particularly lowering your body fat and looking "toned". I have been doing stronglifts 5x5 and it's been working out great for me so far!
  • MrsMajor87
    MrsMajor87 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing phenomenally! I've been fluctuating between 136 and 133 now for the last 2 months, but have seen results in pictures. I don't know if I measure right! I see more results in my pictures and I am glad I take them. I hear those last few pounds hold on for dear life when bfing. I really want to continue for at least a year. We will see. I loved 30 DS. I finished yesterday and now I am not sure what to do. Have you tried Bikini Body Mommy? It's free on youtube and I LOVE her! I liked doing the combo of BBM and 30 DS for a little something more. I am thinking about doing a Couch to 5K. I'd better think of something to do quick before I lose my workout mojo. You are doing amazing! Keep it up!

I havent heard of Bikini Body Mommy but ill look into it! I've heard the same thing about breastfeeding and the last few pounds holding on. Its discouraging because I want to breastfeed for my daughter but I also want to wear my bikini this summer! lol. I was planning on doing the ripped in 30 once I finished 30DS.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    If you go to my profile, I think even of you're not on my FL you can read my story. Here's the short-ish version:

First baby, pre-pregnancy about 180-190, 38 weeks 255, a couple of weeks postpartum 230, gained 6 (so 236), started losing at 2 months postpartum, got down to 154 a little less than a year later (82 lbs from 236). I ate 1200-1400 and, 4.5 months in started C25K followed by Spinning and Tabata workouts shortly thereafter.

Oh, and I'm 5'7". At 154 lbs I was a size 4/6 (US), so pretty small, though I was admittedly squishy.

I got lax on eating (that happens when you eat so little) and started my second pregnancy somewhere in the low to mid-160s. At 39 weeks I was 240 (yikes!), and a couple of weeks postpartum I was 220. I started trying to lose weight but had an awful time due to BFing, so I stopped stressing and basically maintained around 210. (It was more important to me to BF for a year than to lose weight, though I did waver in my decision many, many, many times!)

My baby just turned a year old at the end of May, and we weaned. I calculated my TDEE without workouts (because they're unfortunately rare) and landed at 1750 calories/day so that I don't go too close to my BMR. It's plenty of food for me so long as I'm not binging. If I work out, I eat back half. After a week and a half of earnest logging, I'm down to 206.

I'm getting back into running tonight, actually, and when my schedule is more rigid when I go back to work in August, I'll get back to Spinning. I would, however, love to get into heavy lifting, but that would require a gym membership, so as soon as I can fit it into the budget, I'm on it. I don't care if it makes me weigh more because the scale is just one measurement (and not a very good one at that).

Take heart; it can be done, but you just have to play with your numbers if you're BFing so as not to mess up your supply. A lot of women say that they can lose all but the last ten pounds while BFing, so if that's all you've got to lose, you might just have to make peace with it. However based on what you've said, I'd recommend eating 1800 plus exercise calories, seeing how you do weight- and supply-wise, and go from there. Any exercise you can do is gravy because it's really hard to do when you have a baby who's not STTN!

Best wishes :flowerforyou:

Edited for typo
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Both times I had babies I gained 50 pounds and lost all of it plus some. BUT it didn't happen until the kiddies were 6-8 months old. I was nursing. It all melted off. By the time they were 3 I was 15 pounds less than I had started my pregnancy at.

It was LATER I put on weight :)

Good luck.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I weighed 202 after giving birth. I weigh 135 now. I ate at a deficit and went to the gym 4/5 days a week. Combination of strength training and cardio. :-)
  • Nedra19455
    Nedra19455 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if this qualifies, but...

I was obese when I got pregnant. I think I was 201 lbs. I gained the recommended amount for someone with my starting BMI and was 217 when I gave birth. A week after giving birth, I was 198, so overall, I had a net change of -3 lbs.

A year later, I went to the doctor for a strep test and was shocked to see the scale read 216. I was nearly to my highest weight ever and I couldn't blame it on a baby, placenta, and amniotic fluid this time. In the year after my baby was born, I had been living the most unhealthy lifestyle of my life -- stressed, exhausted, sedentary and constantly craving comfort foods. I bought a fitbit and joined MFP the next week.

2 months later, I am back down to 198 and much healthier and happier than I was the last times I was at this weight -- in fact, I am feeling healthier, stronger and more fit than at any other time in my life. I have a long journey ahead still, since my goal wasn't just to lose the "baby weight" but to lose the "pre-baby weight" that I had put on from years of misconceptions about what "healthy" means.

Assuming we are lucky enough to have a second, I will be using MFP before, during, and after my pregnancy with Baby #2.

ETA: you should eat at least 1800 calories if you are breastfeeding within the first year. I personally eat 1750 (net -- I eat back all or most of my exercise calories) but my kiddo was already a year old when I started. I just set up my account to lose 1 lb per week and ended up losing a little "bonus" because of the nursing. I would recommend setting your account for 0.5 lbs per week since you are so close to your goal. If you are allotted less than 1800 with that method, though, I'd just aim for 1800. So basically 0.5/week or 1800 cal a day, whichever is higher.