t25 help yay or nay

Options
giag09
giag09 Posts: 203 Member
so I decided to start t25 with the idea of weight loss I have put on some weight not much but would like to be about 5lbs slimmer to debloat the belly before bathing suit season I am 29 5'2 1/2 and 145
normally I lift and circuit train but I decided maybe I needed more cardio.... well 3 1/2 weeks in and no weight loss infact probably a lb or 2 of gain! I eat between 1600-1900 calories im thinking all cardio isn't a good thing but you would think when you burn 220 calories in 20 minutes youd lose something I haven't even lost inches!!!! advice please !

Replies

• jennilocker
    jennilocker Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Look up "wheat belly" online. It has some things that you can remove from your diet to improve weight loss.
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I am male 6ft1, 234 pounds, doing T25, losing 1-1.5 kgs a week eating a 750cal deficit resulting in a 1690 baseline and eating back some exercise calories. Personally I would not blame the cardio, it might your normal monthly ups and downs but could be simply you are not creating a calorie deficit (underestimating food input or overestimating exercise calories), although it does not look the exercise is too far out. Eat 100-200 cals less a week and give it another month and then reassess.

For me T25 caused a 0.6kg improvement in weight reduction per week, most of which did not come from cardio. Diet for weight, exercise for fitness.
  • svandever101585
    svandever101585 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Try limiting your calories to 1600 and do not eat back your exercise calories. I followed the 1200 calorie meal plan when I did it and I lost 30 lbs but I had alot of weight to lose. Beta round includes more resistance so your resistance training is coming but stick it out.
  • MissFlab2Fab2014
    Options
    I did T25 before back in October. I lost about 8 inches but didn't really lose to much weight maybe 2lbs which I am sure were water weight. Looking at your diary, I would eat more food, take less supplements (unless you have a dificiency and stay away from anything that comes in a box or package! You might see amazing results! Good luck, add me!! I plan on starting T25 again tomorrow.
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'd add back in the lifting (along with some of the other suggestions if you want). I've never found my results to be satisfactory when I'm doing all or nearly all cardio. For instance: I hit 118lbs (2 below my usual goal weight) and didn't like how I looked, how my clothes fit, etc. I started focusing more on strength training and just mixed in a little cardio. I ended up around 120-122 and looked/felt WAY better. Unfortunately, I was injured last year and I'm now on my way back to that...but that's what worked for me when I was at my best.
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I'll also second the suggestion to cut out the processed foods and supplements and replace with whole foods.
  • haniame
    haniame Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    is wheat belly also caused by whole wheat?
  • BeautyFromWithin
    BeautyFromWithin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    How long have you been doing T25?

A lot of people as discouraged because the scale goes up when they begin programs like T25, but its normal... if you stick with it, I've heard a lot of people shed the pounds after several weeks or in transition to the Beta phase even.