Water Weight Loss???

Options
asia1967
asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
I know this is probably a silly question. However how can I tell in my first few weeks of weight loss, if it is just water weight, fat or a combination.

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    you pretty much cant. you can use bf% to try to narrow down fat vs. muscle but even that doesnt have any way to discern between whats water and whats not

dont worry too much about that stuff at first though, just focus on improving diet and exercising and worry about bf% and all that other junk later, they are just numbers
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Much of it will be water weight and some fat. Remember as a general rule 3500 calorie deficit = 1 lb. If you are keeping track and have a 7000 def in a week and the scale shows 7 lbs....most likely 5-5.5 is water and the rest is fat and some possible muscle loss maybe.

I wouldnt look too much into it early on. Just be happy the scale is going down and around week 3 + is when you start seeing a more true number.
  • MissFlab2Fab2014
    Options
    I don't think there is any specific way of knowing its fat like others said, but by taking measurements, and seeing significant dropping of inches you will know a small amount of that probably is fat :)
  • asia1967
    Options
    Thank guys: I'll take the achievement anyway it comes. Thanks for the quick responses.
  • asia1967
    Options
    MissFlab2Fab Thanks. And I love your photo/saying.:heart:
  • BeeRodMul
    BeeRodMul Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I went to my nutritionist at the hospital and she said the first 2 weeks of weight loss for me were mostly all fat. Only 1 pound of water weight. It all depends on the person and your starting point.