From Fluffy Mom to NPC Women's Physique Competitor w/ PICS

Options

Replies

• WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Amazing dedication and hard work! You are fantastic!!
  • jodybo2
    jodybo2 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting! I am inspired! amazing!!!!
  • Controversial
    Controversial Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Wow. That's all I've got. Just WOW
  • dclark566
    dclark566 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    wow incredible!
  • liftnlove_
    liftnlove_ Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    How did you get those abs?! I too have risen from the "mom blob". I've worked out regularly for about 3-years. However, I have just added more strength and have been eating right for about a month. I have a very strong core, but I can't seem to get any definition because of the looser belly skin after my 3 kids. I know that great abs are made in the kitchen and I am on that path, but I don't see your abs at the end of my road! Any pointers?

Everyone has different skin elasticity, so some people's skin "bounces back" after pregnancy/weight gain/weight loss more than others. My abs/midsection are not the same now as they were before having children, and I think we, as moms, have to cut ourselves some slack, because having a person inside your belly DOES change your body, whether you like it or not. That is NOT an excuse to give up...it's just reality. I used to say I wanted my "pre-baby" body back...well, guess what, it's GONE. I'm older now and my body has changed, just like yours has...doesn't mean we can't have a rockin' "post-baby" body, it's just different. I think it's actually a better body, because everything I have now I worked my butt off for.

I like to say that "Abs are made in the gym, and REVEALED in the kitchen"...I think that's more accurate. It's a multi-step process...you have to develop the muscles themselves, which I did with just basic ab exercises...but to actually SEE them, you've got to get rid of the fat which is done through your diet.

I don't do ab exercises anymore, because my abs get plenty of work with all the other lifting I do, but I did do abs 8-10 min a day 3-4x a week the first year I started back. As far as skin goes, I don't have any answer for that. GIve it some time to see if it will bounce back...if not, you only really have 2 choices, have surgery or learn to live with it. There's no amount of exercise or diet that will tighten loose skin, so you may have to make that choice at some point. Best wishes :)
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    way to go!!! super mom you are an inspiration to us all. ^_^
  • 1pandabear
    1pandabear Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    You've made a remarkable transformation and given hope to many. Well done! Thanks for sharing.
  • daveymac31
    daveymac31 Posts: 118
    Options
    2 words. Holy frickin' crap.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Your legs. I want legs like yours. You look amazing!
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    blimey, you have shown us all that anything is possible.
    fantastic work.
  • rugged1529
    rugged1529 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    simply amazing!
  • dannisiggy
    dannisiggy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    AMAZING !!!! INCREDIBLE !!! Very inspiring ! :bigsmile:
  • mikebooker1
    mikebooker1 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Great Great Job! I have a friend who has a similar story... He went from a husky guy to a competitive body builder... I'm so happy and envious of him at the same time. :o)
  • in4nomz
    in4nomz Posts: 230
    Options
    Ahhhh this is so inspiring!!! You have made AMAZING changes!!!
  • Fujiberry
    Fujiberry Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    <3<3<3
    Girl-crushing so hard right now.

Congrats on your extremely hard work and incredible dedication!
  • shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Inspirational.
  • skalkbrenn
    skalkbrenn Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thank you for reminding me that my prolonged denial does not make me a failure. I've been on the same bandwagon of being a mom and saying that I don't have time for me right now. But, I'm looking for inspiration and believe that I have been successful. You are amazing and the work you have put in shows!
  • Fitness_110
    Fitness_110 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    So happy to have you back... you are such an inspiration!!!
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!!
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    This is just fabulous! You look amazing! Love the muscles. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!