Shorties-Success eating above BMR & TDEE-20% ?

Options
I am really thinking about reverting to the whole eating over my BMR and using the TDEE-20% method. My reason being is because I have like 45 lbs more to lose to get me to my UGW and I really am tired of being deprived with like 1300 calories on non workout days and 1450 on workout days. I feel as if I am not getting enough sometimes and it causes me to binge quite a bit. Atleast this way I can add more of my favorites in on some days and NOT all at one setting or over a longer period of time. Even once I get to my goal weight I will still need some type of format to follow to maintain I hear a lot of good things about Scooby. I weigh this Friday and really thinking about starting this. I will come up with a # above my BMR but close to my TDEE-20%...

Any success stories using this method for SHORT women? I am only 4'10

Replies

• Sf0rza
    Sf0rza Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11 and eat at TDEE - 20%.

I eat about 1500 calories a day (go over slightly at the weekend) and don't do much exercise. I've been doing absolutely fine up till now, losing just under a pound a week. but things have slowed in the past week. (Maybe because I've been eating more like 1600-1700...) I haven't really felt deprived; apart from the occasional urge to drink wine and eat a bit more, I can't say I've binged either.
  • tracydr
    tracydr Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    It seems like if I eat more than 1250 + 1/2 of my exercise that my weight loss stalls. I'm 61".
  • Allup2Me78
    Allup2Me78 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Are you also eating over your BMR? Does 1500 put you above your BMR?
    I'm 4'11 and eat at TDEE - 20%.

I eat about 1500 calories a day (go over slightly at the weekend) and don't do much exercise. I've been doing absolutely fine up till now, losing just under a pound a week. but things have slowed in the past week. (Maybe because I've been eating more like 1600-1700...) I haven't really felt deprived; apart from the occasional urge to drink wine and eat a bit more, I can't say I've binged either.
  • Allup2Me78
    Options
    That is my fear because the #'s using the TDEE method seem so huge!
    It seems like if I eat more than 1250 + 1/2 of my exercise that my weight loss stalls. I'm 61".
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I'm eating TDEE-20%. 5'0", 109 lbs, eating 1700-1800 cals a day and still losing weight.
  • MissFlab2Fab2014
    Options
    How do you eat TDEE-20% ? I know my TDEE but donno how to calculate right now I eat 1450 cals a day without exercise and about 16-1700 with...
  • jacquejl
    jacquejl Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    bump...shorty here and want in on the responses
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1" and weigh 104 lbs. I have 4 lbs to go.... I am 57 years old, so I have had plenty of time to get to know my body.... If I eat more than 1200 calories, no matter how hard I am working out, (I can press 25 lb dumbbells and am about to increase, so I go pretty heavy for someone my size), anyway.... IF I go ONE calorie over 1200, I stall. Even using the different calculators, the maximum I am told to consume is 1260 - for MAINTENANCE!

I have a choice:

I can decide this is HORRIBLE... OR ..... I can say that this is a Labor of Love, and this is all the food this particular little animal needs to keep it healthy.

Right now, I am giving myself permission to be on maintenance even though I would really like to take off the remainder of the weight. I gained the weight due to injuries that kept me inactive - and I have taken off 11 of the 15 lbs I gained, so I have a lot to be proud of AND I am completely healed.

When I am ready emotionally, I will just find the weight peeling off.

Until then, I am not going to beat myself up over it!

I hope this helps others to put things in perspective. We are all such different people - hope you find your way to what works best for YOU!
  • Allup2Me78
    Options
    I am not weighing until Friday as Tom should be gone by then..I plan on switching over to the TDEE method for the rest of my journey.
  • Allup2Me78
    Options
    So are you stating that to get your 95 lbs off, you have always done the TDEE method?
    5'3''

calorie counter

you should NEVER eat at your BMR or less than 1200 cals

use the TDEE method or set your MFP to lose .5 lbs a week and be patient!

95 lbs down open diary

SW 220ish
    CW 125
  • Allup2Me78
    Options
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
    How do you eat TDEE-20% ? I know my TDEE but donno how to calculate right now I eat 1450 cals a day without exercise and about 16-1700 with...
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    The thing is this..MFP calories + exercise calories should equal TDEE-20% if all variables are the same.

That is 1lb a week...is your MFP set up to lose 1lb a week?
  • Allup2Me78
    Options
    I don't use Mfp settings.
    The thing is this..MFP calories + exercise calories should equal TDEE-20% if all variables are the same.

• maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options

I found that to be true for myself. But I have been eating at TDEE-20 even on days when I can't get to the gym and have continued to lose. I just can't do this 1200 and no exercise calories that some ladies manage. I'd starve. :noway:
  • Allup2Me78
    Options
    Yes, I am aware of that as I have done tdee in the past for a few wks and got scared and stopped it. You are like most I know..loose a good bit doing something else and then start the tdee method. with the amount i have to lose, i am really scared to eat so much daily..i would kinda rather loose a good bit more faster then slow it down closer to goal with more food. hope that makes sense.
    So are you stating that to get your 95 lbs off, you have always done the TDEE method?
    5'3''

calorie counter

you should NEVER eat at your BMR or less than 1200 cals

use the TDEE method or set your MFP to lose .5 lbs a week and be patient!

95 lbs down open diary

SW 220ish
    CW 125

No I did low carb first 70 lbs then calorie counted after that.

Tdee is calorie counting as well