EXCUSES.... EXCUSES!!!!

Options

Replies

• kelly81082
    kelly81082 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success!

I'm full of excuses, too tired, my hypothyroid, everyone at my office eats like crap and I'm surrounded by it.

All excuses, truth is I've been lazy. The scale keeps going up and it needs to stop. I know I need to stop with excuses and get my butt in gear.
    I'm trying to give up the diet soda. I had went almost a year and picked it back up again. I'm training for my first 5k. And I'm trying to stop the Starbucks. I'm making more time to work out when I get home. All challenging for me but I can do it!
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    You're funny. I love your post. Thanks for keeping it green for me. Keep up the good work!
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Terrific!! I am in awe. And I'm sure there a quite a few folks who would forgive you if you included the weight the ex in your pounds off!!

LOL!! How did I miss this????????

SOOOOOOO FUNNY!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

OMG!!! I don't know, he's probably 250??? LOL LOVE ITTTTT!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • sbear867
    sbear867 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    This is a great topic!

My excuses...
    I have 5 kids and rarely time for myself
    My work 12-14 hour shifts and it difficult on my work days to find the energy to exercise
    I have a serious cookie addiction.
    Even at my super fittest in the army my hips still kept me in size 14 pants.
  • JocelynElizabeth2014
    Options
    I don't really have consistant excuses. However, like this week and last week... This week we are going to be moving. Last week I worked outside (own a farm AND work daily on my dads farm.) I felt completely drained every day last week. This week I have basically every chore from last week on top of moving.

So, farm work is very difficult (most days 9or10 to dark) and definatley helps with weight loss but because I'm so tired I don't do my planned work outs which makes me lose momentum.

How do I overcome this specific 'Excuse?'
  • sweetcurlz67
    Options
    So, farm work is very difficult (most days 9or10 to dark) and definitely helps with weight loss but because I'm so tired I don't do my planned work outs which makes me lose momentum.

How do I overcome this specific 'Excuse?'

only you can figure that out... you know the saying: where there is a will, there is a way???

that is a lot of work, but perhaps you can get a 'scheduled' or planned workout in before you start working on the farm? that may just give you the boost of energy to help you throughout the day... :drinker:

Like I stated in one of my subsequent messages:
    When I determined that I was going to do this for myself, no excuse in the world was going to stop me.

@sbear867
    I have a serious cookie addiction.

I haven't given up my CHOCOLATE!!! LOL!!! just in moderation now... :drinker:
  • tmj4477
    tmj4477 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    My excuses were stress, grieving, and depression. My solution now is to love myself more and be the best I can be overall.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    My old excuses:

"I can't cook" (So what? I can learn, plus my boyfriend loves to cook for me!)
    "When I exercise my neck hurts" (Well there are PLENTY of exercises I can do that do not cause me pain. I will do those.)

Thank you for your positive, motivating attitude!
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Hashimotos is holding me back. Not an excuse. It really does make it more difficult. Still possible, but it'll take a long *kitten* time.
    I have Hashimotos, and judging from your pic I am a lot older than you (52)...but I have lost over 50 lbs. since January 8th of this year.
  • OliviaCounts
    OliviaCounts Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My excuses were: I eat relatively healthy anyway, I could lose this weight in a week or a month, tops, if I really wanted to ... I'm a student, so I spend a lot of time sitting down, putting on weight is normal. I feel under the weather today and I don't want to go to the gym, I might get sick and then feel worse.

Urgh. Never again.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I'm tired. I have babies. I don't even have the time to do the other things I need to. I can't get motivated to eat right if I can't exercise. I'm hungry from breastfeeding. I don't have the time or money to do Weight Watchers.

1- I started running (an exercise I was positive that I was physically incapable of doing) because it was the only thing I could fit in. My kids have both participated in foot races.
    2 - When I started tracking my calories, I realized that I had been trying to UNDEREAT so that's why I was hungry and binging all the time. Once I started eating at an appropriate amount, I stopped being hungry all the time and started losing
    3 - The babies (1 and 2 1/2) are now 2 1/2 and 4. Life changes. Sometimes you need to make changes. Occasionally, it's appropriate to wait for them.
    4 - I get so much more done if I take the time to be healthy and in shape. I'm more active with my kids. I feed them better. I am happier with them.
    5 - MFP is cheaper and easier than WW.
  • dracaene
    dracaene Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My excuses:
    1) It's too late at night to go to they gym. If I go now I'll never be able to get to sleep tonight. (Any time after 8 pm) (I still use this excuse)
    2) I eat pretty healthy food. I can't be consuming THAT many calories. (WRONG!! I was eating at least 500 calories in trail mix just sitting at my desk at work. And probably at least 1000 more in chocolate at least 3-4 times per week. Not to mention everything else I mindlessly put in my mouth. NO MORE now that I am tracking my food)
    3) I'm pregnant or early post-partum (so what? Eventually I got over myself and at least started walking every day)
    4) My knee hurts (turns out I have a torn meniscus, but I just work around that now)
    5) I can't control the ingredients my husband uses when he cooks (No, but I have since asked him to be mindful of what he makes, and maybe keep my portion out of the sauces.)
    6) My husband is always doing something in the evenings and I have to stay home and watch the kids, so can't get to the gym. (this still happens, but I try to get to the gym at least 3 times a week)
    7) I'm afraid I might hurt myself using the weights/I don't know how to do weight training exercises (solved this one by doing once per week sessions with a personal trainer)

Thankfully I have given up or solved most of these excuses and as a result I am at least finding it not too difficult to meet my calorie goals each day. And I do get to the gym three times a week on average, one of those days being with a personal trainer.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    My excuses:
    1) It's too late at night to go to they gym. If I go now I'll never be able to get to sleep tonight. (Any time after 8 pm) (I still use this excuse)
    2) I eat pretty healthy food. I can't be consuming THAT many calories. (WRONG!! I was eating at least 500 calories in trail mix just sitting at my desk at work. And probably at least 1000 more in chocolate at least 3-4 times per week. Not to mention everything else I mindlessly put in my mouth. NO MORE now that I am tracking my food)
    3) I'm pregnant or early post-partum (so what? Eventually I got over myself and at least started walking every day)
    4) My knee hurts (turns out I have a torn meniscus, but I just work around that now)
    5) I can't control the ingredients my husband uses when he cooks (No, but I have since asked him to be mindful of what he makes, and maybe keep my portion out of the sauces.)
    6) My husband is always doing something in the evenings and I have to stay home and watch the kids, so can't get to the gym. (this still happens, but I try to get to the gym at least 3 times a week)
    7) I'm afraid I might hurt myself using the weights/I don't know how to do weight training exercises (solved this one by doing once per week sessions with a personal trainer)

Thankfully I have given up or solved most of these excuses and as a result I am at least finding it not too difficult to meet my calorie goals each day. And I do get to the gym three times a week on average, one of those days being with a personal trainer.

I've started a body weight calisthenics program because I can do it at home with the kids.
  • sweetcurlz67
    Options
    My excuses:

I've started a body weight calisthenics program because I can do it at home with the kids.

Perfect!!! The gym may not work for everyone - time and/or money wise. It works for me. but there are plenty of workout routines to do at home or around the neighborhood! There are a lot of free resources on the internet. Check out YouTube, go for a walk/run around the neighborhood, or find something.

Man... all of your responses and how you overcome your excuses are INSPIRING & AWESOME!!! :drinker:

edit to fix typo.. :)
  • coconutlove93
    coconutlove93 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    What a difference! My excuse has always been "tomorrow". lol
  • annemariemk4
    annemariemk4 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Amazing post! Congratulations on the success!
    I've used a lot of excuses... I'm too tired/ I have no energy, I have no time,.. it goes on and on...
  • suefromgraysWECHANGED
    suefromgraysWECHANGED Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wow,beth you look amazing now,good for you :flowerforyou:
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    This is a perfect "bookend" to all the hater/mean people/bully posts that have been here.

The OP is a woman of honesty and does not BS anyone... and look at the really cool responses.

I love this post! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • swat1948
    swat1948 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, I had plenty of them. Thyroid disease, bad knees and then both knees replaced. Used the artificial knees as an excuse for years as the reason I couldn't do much exercise. My orthopedic told me the more I used my knees the sooner they would wear out and have to be replaced again. Well it's been about 10 years and they aren't worn out yet and believe me in the last 2 and a half years, they've done plenty of exercise. An unhappy marriage and then a job that kept me frustrated for 12 years. It was always something but when I finally retired because my husband needed almost constant attention, I somehow found the will and the time to focus on me and what I really needed. When I realized I could change and I could exercise and I could eat right, it all came together. I am an entirely different person now.
  • swat1948
    swat1948 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah I forgot about the anemia excuse too! I have been severely anemic all my adult life, but how is it after eating so much less but eating right, that my hemoglobin is now normal. Yeah that excuse doesn't hold water either. All that crap in place of healthy food is not doing you any favors. Also have a compressed disc in my lower back that used to cause me horrid back spasms back then. Haven't had them in forever and don't miss them either. :laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!