You fancy, huh.

Options
Today I put cinnamon in my 60 calorie sugar-free vanilla snack pack and it tasted like cinnamon bun frosting.

I also dipped my 70 calorie 2% string cheese in balsamic vinegar, onion powder, s/p and basil to jazz it up.

What simple tricks do y'all use to make yourself feel like you're not eating a totally lame snack?

Replies

• kindel2
    kindel2 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I jazz up my coffee with skim milk instead of cream and Carmel swirl instead of sugar. Turns out it has less calories this ways and you can actually taste the coffee instead of all that cream. Yum. Now if only Dunkins had a almond milk option hmmm.
  • myfitnesspale3
    myfitnesspale3 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Interesting thing about cinnamon is, it tends lower average blood glucose. Maybe acting as appetite suppressant.

My trick is all the salt, butter, low cal condiments, or hot sauce I want. No limit on junk fat or protein in additives - just no sugars or carbs.

Popcorn toppings are the exception but I don't use a lot.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I sprinkle dukkah on my steamed veg, gives them a lovely flavour and a bit of interesting texture.
  • VenomousTentaculatke
    Options
    I sprinkle dukkah on my steamed veg, gives them a lovely flavour and a bit of interesting texture.

I've never heard of dukkah before, can you get it at any grocery store?
  • VenomousTentaculatke
    Options
    Interesting thing about cinnamon is, it tends lower average blood glucose. Maybe acting as appetite suppressant.

My trick is all the salt, butter, low cal condiments, or hot sauce I want. No limit on junk fat or protein in additives - just no sugars or carbs.

Popcorn toppings are the exception but I don't use a lot.

Popcorn toppings aren't too bad! I have Kernel Season's White Cheddar which is only 2 cal/serving (1/4 tsp.)
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I put cool whip light between cinnamon graham crackers, wrap in plastic wrap, freeze and pretend its ice cream sandwich.. Drool
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

I've never heard of dukkah before, can you get it at any grocery store?

You should be able to, in the spice aisle, or its easy to make yourself if you have a mortar and pestle, I Google recipes all the time :-)
  • AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I wonder if cinnamon in vanilla Greek yogurt would have the same effect? Sounds delish!
  • Andaisy1
    Andaisy1 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I put cool whip light between cinnamon graham crackers, wrap in plastic wrap, freeze and pretend its ice cream sandwich.. Drool

These are one of my favorites! I usually add chopped strawberries or about a teaspoon of mini chocolate chips before freezing.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Your cinnamon idea sounds great!!

My go-to dinner for days that I have a really big lunch is sautéed mushrooms, onions and bell peppers with a little bit of mozzarella melted on top and then drizzled with Sriracha. I am not a huge Sriracha fanatic but in that application, it's awesome!

I keep Clif Z bars handy at work for afternoons that I really want a snack that's not veggie or fruit...and I find that having the bar with a cup of hot flavored tea really makes it feel more like an indulgence, and also helps me eat the Z bar more slowly and enjoy it. Totally not the same thing as you're asking, sorry...but it takes a 130-140 calorie snack from 'meh' to "mmmm I've having delicious tea time with a brownie/lemon cookie/whatever flavor the bar is"
  • VenomousTentaculatke
    Options
    Your cinnamon idea sounds great!!

My go-to dinner for days that I have a really big lunch is sautéed mushrooms, onions and bell peppers with a little bit of mozzarella melted on top and then drizzled with Sriracha. I am not a huge Sriracha fanatic but in that application, it's awesome!

I keep Clif Z bars handy at work for afternoons that I really want a snack that's not veggie or fruit...and I find that having the bar with a cup of hot flavored tea really makes it feel more like an indulgence, and also helps me eat the Z bar more slowly and enjoy it. Totally not the same thing as you're asking, sorry...but it takes a 130-140 calorie snack from 'meh' to "mmmm I've having delicious tea time with a brownie/lemon cookie/whatever flavor the bar is"

That's ok, I do the same thing with the 90-calorie Fiber One bars. Tea makes absolutely everything better!
  • H0llyG0lightly
    H0llyG0lightly Posts: 214 Member
    Options

These are one of my favorites! I usually add chopped strawberries or about a teaspoon of mini chocolate chips before freezing.

Double drool. How have I not thought of this?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Sometimes my baked potato looks so moist when I squeeze it open that i see it needs no butter. Just to make it a little perkier than salt and pepper only I liberally put seasoning that hubs bought for meat. It has different kinds of pepper, garlic, and other weird things.

I so fancy!
  • kikityme
    kikityme Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Graham crackers and lemon greek yogurt tastes like lemon meringue pie.

That is all.
  • weathergiiirl
    Options
    I like to make my greek yogurt taste amazing - like cookie dough - by making this simple recipe I found on Pinterest:
    - 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (or 1/4 c Greek yogurt and 1/4 c cottage cheese)
    - 2 Tbsp PB2 powdered peanut butter
    - 2-3 packets of Splenda
    - few drops of vanilla extract
    Stir together and enjoy! I could never tire of this stuff.. so good.
  • NancyKhuu
    NancyKhuu Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I put siracha hot sauce on ALL steamed veggies. It adds a nice flavor profile: sweet, salty, spicy, garlicky. Yum!
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I put the spicy Mexican fruit seasoning on fruit & veg. It's so good.
  • amblight
    amblight Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I have just discovered that mixing PB2, sriacha and soy sauce makes everything taste like asian bbq. I'm digging it.
  • xxCHAOTIC
    xxCHAOTIC Posts: 4
    Options

My house has no air conditioning and I'm dying without ice cream. I love you.
  • keishakylejohnson
    keishakylejohnson Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness! I will be trying this in the am, thanks so much!