Gotta get a good sweat in when i workout

Options
Does anyone else feel like if you don't get a good enough sweat in when they workout they haven't done enough. If I don't work up a good enough sweat before the end of my workout I feel like I just wasted the whole workout.

Replies

• maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way even though I know that sweat isn't the best determiner of how intense a workout really is especially in terms of calories burnt. I think for me it just gives me an all over good feeling and has a lot to do with stress relief and that feeling of having worked hard.
  • becki1815
    becki1815 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba 4-5 times a week and sweat up a storm. What I love is hooking up my armband to the computer when I get home to see how many calories I burned. Awesome feeling.
  • gelendestrasse
    Options
    I have to agree, and an hour of racquetball will do the trick.
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way! If I am not dripping sweat, I feel bad about my workout.
  • misscem94
    misscem94 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Same here. That is why I switched from the exercise bike to elliptical. Feel the burn!
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Yep, I enjoy working up a good sweat..... and for some reason, it's like the more I sweat, the more it seems to motivate me to push harder and knock out that extra set, rep, whatever. :)
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I used to feel the same way about exercising. Now that I lift, I don't often sweat as much as when I do cardio, but I know I'm getting a full body workout. I'm kind of indifferent to sweating now lol.
  • nesto610
    nesto610 Posts: 107
    Options
    I feel the same way when I go for runs on my elliptical. If that sucker isn't drenched in my disgusting sweat I feel like a cheated myself.

I even take it to the extreme and weigh myself pre-run and post-run to see how much I sweat out. I know it sounds weird, but hey, it's been working for me and it really is quite amazing to see that one can sweat out as much as 3.5lbs from an intense run. But of course I then drink about 5-6lbs of water to rehydrate myself......
  • manhn1
    manhn1 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I don't feel that way. Running outside in windy conditions will not cause a whole lotta sweat. Running on a treadmill at a lower speed for a lesser time will cause a whole lotta sweat.

Sweat sucks. It causes me to replace earbuds all the time.