Tracking Correctly...But NO Results!

Options
I've been following my calorie intake for the past week or so and doesn't seem to be having much of an impact.

I'm new to this so just add me and take a look.

Thanks!

Replies

• BlueHydrangea50
    BlueHydrangea50 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    A week is not much time to give yourself. Check out the plan by Ian K. Smith, MD, Shred Revolutionary Diet. The only extra investment is the book. Many people are having great success with this plan. Go to the Rachael Ray show.com and check out the inspirational stories of people who are following this plan. In the search window type, "FLAB 4 shred diet".
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    A week? Have some patience. I'm guessing you didn't gain your weight in a week, you're not going to lose it all in a week.

And your diary is set to private so there's no taking a look. Are you using a food scale? Tracking everything you eat? Eating back your exercise calories? Logging them accurately? Do you have your calorie count sent correctly (not just 1200 because it is as low as you can go) If you're not losing after a more reasonable amount of time - those would be some general things to look for, but really a week is way too soon to decide things aren't working.
  • Ruby_Stewie
    Ruby_Stewie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    A week? Have some patience. I'm guessing you didn't gain your weight in a week, you're not going to lose it all in a week.

And your diary is set to private so there's no taking a look. Are you using a food scale? Tracking everything you eat? Eating back your exercise calories? Logging them accurately? Do you have your calorie count sent correctly (not just 1200 because it is as low as you can go) If you're not losing after a more reasonable amount of time - those would be some general things to look for, but really a week is way too soon to decide things aren't working.

I'm aware that it takes time! But just based off of what I was reading I was just curious if I was doing something wrong. But that for the reassurance
  • TheCherryMama
    Options
    Also just tracking calories won't work. Your macros could be It will off. It will take an average of 4 weeks to see results.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

I'm aware that it takes time! But just based off of what I was reading I was just curious if I was doing something wrong. But that for the reassurance

Not necessarily doing anything wrong. Those people who lose big in the first couple weeks make it frustrating for those who don't. I've also seen it where people start off really slow and then pull some bigger numbers a few weeks in. Everyone is different. Slow and steady wins the race though - much more sustainable than those who make wild drastic changes and lose a bunch at once and then can't keep it up. :flowerforyou:
  • Frappuzzino
    Frappuzzino Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    A week isn't ample enough time to really see results. The best thing for me is seeing exactly what I'm eating. That alone helps me alot. :) Give it some time and you will see improvements.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    are you weighing your solids? measuring your liquids? choosing correct entries? are you checking the nutrional values of those entries to see if it makes sense...
  • taramaclaren
    taramaclaren Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Agreed with everyone here.

1) you need to be militant about your food measuring to make sure you are tracking properly
    2) you have not given it enough time. :)

One more thought - are you eating back calories burned? MFP always over estimates calories burned, so try to only eat back about 50% of those. You may think you are in a deficit but eating back too many calories could impact results.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Also just tracking calories won't work. Your macros could be It will off. It will take an average of 4 weeks to see results.

Just tracking calories will work for weight loss. Additionally tracking micros and macros is for health.
  • Jessesbride
    Jessesbride Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Also what all are you tracking? Just calories? or are you also keeping tabs on sugar, protein, water intake, carbs, etc? Are you exercising? It will definitely take more than a week of keeping track!!! Also make sure (for the most part) that you are DAILY taking in 1200 calories or your body will think it's in starvation mode & try to keep as much fat around as possible (none of us want our bodies to do that)!! Remind yourself of all the reasons you are doing this to keep yourself motivated. ALSO!!! When you exercise... make sure that you are still only intaking 1200 calories (or whatever that you are doing), don't allow yourself to go to the extra amount added... that is what it will take for you to MAINTAIN your weight as you are today, rather than to loose the weight you want to see come off! I try to make sure that I get in at least 10 cups of water daily (sometimes it's less, but not usually). & every meal, snack etc... try to make sure that you have protein (it will keep you fuller ~ longer!)!! Just keep plugging at it, it will come off eventually!