Any VEGANS???

Options
Hi

I came back after a few months. Now I am vegan and I am having a hard time getting proteins. I feel I am getting soft :(
So I need advice and support from experienced Vegan people that workout and build muscle.

add me !! lets share experiences !!!

:) Peace

Replies

• SymphonynSonata
    SymphonynSonata Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    This was a quick find so you'll want to verify any nutritional information given but I hope this helps! http://www.incrediblesmoothies.com/raw-food-diet/raw-nutrition/protein-sources-on-a-vegan-raw-food-diet/
  • Reber1216
    Reber1216 Posts: 2
    Options
    ya there's a couple high protein foods, the best aren't natural though. Tofu, seitan, and tempeh have the most protein. Though if your looking for whole foods I'd suggest beans, quinoa, edamame, nuts and nut butters, and peas are pretty good. I'm sure there's a couple I'm forgetting but that should do it for now :)
  • Not_Famous
    Not_Famous Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm not a Vegan, but I am Vegetarian (lacto-ovo). Feel free to add me!
  • miss_millie
    miss_millie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Vegan! (Fully pledged now)

But I'm aiming to lose weight rather than bulk up. Feel free to add me if you like.

Millie
    xx
  • surfinbird_1981
    surfinbird_1981 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Me! I've been a vegetarian since 1990, vegan for 18 months :)
  • sakuya3834
    sakuya3834 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm a newish vegan: 6 months. I'm still struggling with protein as well. I'm new to the site and looking for friends for motivation and support. Feel free to add me :)
  • shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    vegetarian since 89, not vegan yet but one day.
  • vegwrangler
    vegwrangler Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I love Plant Fusion and it's pretty celebrated by the veggie-powered weightlifting community: http://breakingmuscle.com/nutrition/how-build-muscle-mass-plant-based-diet

Sun Warrior also makes a really nice protein supplement as well.

I drink a lot of Garden of Life's Raw Meal and Raw Fit protein powders. It's the only vegan, raw foods protein powder that I've found in my area that is organic and super filling. I just have to drink it super fast as it contains chia and congeals quickly (ew).
  • JoeyFrappuccino
    JoeyFrappuccino Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan too and rarely struggle with protein. Fats are more of an issue in my experience but peanut butter and tofu round both of those out nicely. It might not provide quite the boost you're looking for but dumping chia and flaxseed into oats is a good way of getting more protein into a standard meal.
  • jessicafk11
    jessicafk11 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm vegetarian but working on being vegan. I'm almost there except when we eat out, when I am ok with being vegetarian for now since it is proving to be the hardest part of the transition. Feel free to add me. I workout and have gained muscle.
  • juliafromrf
    juliafromrf Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan too and I also struggled with protein at first especially when cutting calories, but I use vegan protein powder now and then and everything works out fine. :)
    Feel free to add me!
  • Rodap9631
    Rodap9631 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan 1 1/2 years now, the general consensus is we eat way too much protein. But if you want to build muscle lots of beans legumes nuts etc: Beware of the nuts though all the oil is fattening.
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    It is a mall truth that you need meat for protein. All foods have protein in them. I eat a lot of beans and nuts.
    Actually if you eat clean and healthy you should get all the protein you need from natural foods.
  • sunnyogachick
    Options
    i'm vegan as well :) I have been having problems getting enough protein (I love tofu.. but really, how much tofu can you eat? lol). But I've tried to balance it out with different beans and such. I bought the sun warrior protein powder so I'm truly hoping that helps. I have yet to use it, but I think I will tomorrow morning before hitting the gym. I've heard great things about it though, hence why I bought it!!
  • tiggersstar
    tiggersstar Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Not trying to gain muscle, so sorry can't help you there. But if you are eating lots of veg, you will be getting lots of protein.

Any vegans/veggies can add me. I am a long time veggie, gone vegan with veganuary this year, 1.1.14. I live in Oxford UK. I have not been on here much, but want to start using it again and some like-minded friends would definitely make me want to be in here more :)