Help Calculating my BMI Results

Options
Hello,
I have had a 1.3 downward shift in my BMI. How do I calculate that loss in weight?
Thanks for the help!

Replies

• leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    What is your height? What was your starting BMI, what was your ending BMI?

Here is BMI chart: https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/guidelines/obesity/bmi_tbl.pdf

I am wondering how you know your BMI without knowing your weight? Did your doctor not tell you your weight but told you your BMI? How do you know your BMI has dropped?
  • GinaRicky
    GinaRicky Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Oh my be I was clear.

I know my weight and height and have calculated my BMI. It has gone down 1.3 pounds and I am trying to determine or convert that back to pounds.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    I use this BMI calculator: http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/guidelines/obesity/BMI/bmicalc.htm

I still don't understand what you mean. You know your weight but you're trying to convert back to pounds?
  • GinaRicky
    GinaRicky Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks for offering to help. My Personal Trainer was able to assist. It was a pretty involved formula so I will spare you the details.
  • FredricMontgomery
    Options
    Forget the BMI. It is useless for many women and most men. It is based on your height and weight only, so that everyone who is the same height is given the same weight range. Sex, age, frame size, physical activity, etc - all are ignored. There are three free estimates of weight that are much better. The waist to hips ratio and the waist to height ratio each give more useful information than does the BMI, and www.weightzonefactor.com gives a comprehensive, scientific analysis of weight and fitness. These three tools are all excellent. I recommend weightzonefactor.com for best overall advice.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    What. The. ? ?

To find your BMI, you need to know your weight...

So, if you KNOW the difference in BMI, you HAVE TO know your weight... otherwise, you literally cannot know your BMI.

So... Take your starting weight and subtract your current weight. That will give you your weight loss.

How in the name of kittens did you figure out your BMI without your weight taken into account? I am... well... O.o
  • felonebeats
    felonebeats Posts: 433
    Options
    BMI is a load of crap.Body fat percent is more relevant
  • felonebeats
    Options
    My BMI is 25.6 apparently I'm overweight lol do I look overweight to you?
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options

Yes you cow. Hit the treadmill! ... ... ... .. .. .. . . .. . .. cough.
  • felonebeats
    Options

Yes you cow. Hit the treadmill! ... ... ... .. .. .. . . .. . .. cough.

lol I'm having a fat day