Newbie, looking for some motivational friends :)

Options
Hello all, My name is Charlotte. I'm 23 years old and am starting the ultimate life change. I'm currently overweight for my height (yes, short :ohwell: ).

I have a few huge things going on in my life over the next year, one being a holiday to New York and Florida with a large number of family and friends. Secondly, starting college in September, finally taking those steps to pursuing my desired career. And thirdly I am getting married in August 2015 (as you can imagine, I want to the my very best on the big day :smile: ).

I have tried and failed many times to do this, but this time I really have some amazing life events to look forward to, ultimately I want to enjoy them without the constant niggling voice of my self conscious putting a downer on things. This is a serious issue for me, and I know only myself can change it. To have the confidence, would be incredible.

I would love to get to know all who is taking this similar journey. I too will do my best to be supportive and encouraging. Please feel free to add me as a friend and let's to it together :happy:

Charlotte :heart:

Replies

• Autumn2141
    Autumn2141 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Charlotte,
    My name is Pam and I am new on this website as well. I am also looking for some support from people out there.
    I don't have alot of motivation to do this, but I know I need to this time.

If you would like to message me that would be great!
    Thanks, Pam
  • eccapecca
    eccapecca Posts: 19
    Options
    hey im erika im farly new to this too xx
  • KimCiarra
    KimCiarra Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm in the same boat!
  • jmooreuk
    jmooreuk Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    im in same situation too
  • eccapecca
    eccapecca Posts: 19
    Options
    hows everyone doing how you getting on with lossing weight? what diets or healthy eating u doing etc ? im doing the 30 day shred atm xx
  • 1HourAthlete
    1HourAthlete Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been using myfitnesspal for a few months now and have seen fantastic results, if you want to add me to check my diaries / ask for advice then feel free :) x
  • MuscleHeadNerd74
    MuscleHeadNerd74 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    First off congrads on the marriage....

Second just take baby steps just starting setting small goals, I mean you have a yr right til the wedding...

Third most important be determinded, self disciplined, don't depend on others because in the end its for you this is way its important to set you a short term goal and then long term and stay on course, if you want it bad enough you'll get it. stay motivated

have fun doing it, no need to say good luck you got it...
  • charlotte_luncinda
    Options
    Thank you :).

Yeah, staying on track is difficult for me, to many temptations. I live with my fiancé and two sons , who enjoy there food, its difficult to enforce healthy eating in my household.

I managed to lose a stone last Summer, but unfortunately gain it back plus more.

Like you said small steps at a time :)
  • MuscleHeadNerd74
    MuscleHeadNerd74 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options

Yeah, staying on track is difficult for me, to many temptations. I live with my fiancé and two sons , who enjoy there food, its difficult to enforce healthy eating in my household.

I managed to lose a stone last Summer, but unfortunately gain it back plus more.

that's where self disciplined comes into play my old lady and her son eats cookies and hot pockets i just smell the cookies and eat something else like 85% dark with omega 3 pb
  • bomftdrum
    bomftdrum Posts: 270 Member
    Options

First off, welcome and congrats. You don't have to enforce your eating habits. Just eat smaller portions. It really does work. My wife and son eat whatever they want as well as do I. I just cut back on the portions. You can look in my diary right now and fine pizza, chicken wings, chocolate, and etc.. I have lost 30 lbs so far and have at least 20 more to go. I have someone on here on my friends list who has lost 100 lbs by doing this exact same thing. You can do this. Anyone can feel free to add me and I will gladly try and help in any way I can. Also, feel free to look at my diary.
  • lccooper
    lccooper Posts: 12
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) Im new to this as well. Sounds like you have some amazing things to look forward to :smile:
  • kazzandy
    kazzandy Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi my names karen and I need to lose 3 stone as I am very short too and have high cholesterol and an underactive thyroid .....lots going on and just turned 50 so need to get on and do this , I have joined a gym and do spinning classes twice a week I really need some advice on diet and exercise so hopefully will achieve my goal
  • HayleyMB1284
    HayleyMB1284 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi Charlotte . I'm on a similar journey myself . I got 75 pounds to loose and keep it off. I need new friends that will keep me motivated . Feel free to add me . We can do this !
  • mikeshostek
    mikeshostek Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi Charlotte

I know how hard it can be to lose weight and stay dedicated, motivated etc... I have been there! I was working to lose weight for about 3 years now and my first 2 years was a roller coaster! DO good for a stretch of time, then back to bad habits then good for awhile but never got close to the results I wanted. Then over the past say the last 6-8 months I finally got into eating Paleo and having a constant workout schedule and sticking too it and just over the last month started working with a nutritionist at my gym. I have lost over 35lbs and have tons of info, recipes, diet tips etc that I can share and login almost everyday and give support to my MFP friends. So feel to add me and keep working and never quit and you will get where you want to be!

Mike