Doctor Who?

Options

Replies

• navygrrl
    navygrrl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I have love for all the Doctors, but Nine was my first, so he has a special place in my heart. :heart: :heart: I also wish there were more episodes available with Two. He's one of my favorites as well.
  • blueboxgeek
    blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Number 10 :)
  • blueboxgeek
    blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I am looking forward to Peter Capaldi now – I have seen him filming scenes in Cardiff (my office building has been in a few episodes from the last few seasons) so it’s fun to spot locations, etc, when it comes on the telly.

OMG I would so be turning in to a stalker!!!
  • 35in90
    35in90 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Exciting to see so many Whovians! Hard to choose, but I don't think the combination of 10 and Donna can be beat, so I'll vote DT. Allons-y!
  • Loz220662
    Loz220662 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I Guess you're not counting "Peter Cushing" as a doctor, He Starred in the two Doctor Who Films?
  • marshallexi
    marshallexi Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    If we're going classic, John Pertwee. He was such an amazing actor and made The Doctor into a very physical character, I really hope Peter Capaldi takes some hints from his portrayal.

If we're going modern, Matt Smith. He had that lovely air of 'a bit insane' around him. He was a magnificent Doctor.

That said I'm giving honourable mention to Paul McGann, as I get to have my photo taken with him at Comic Con next month *squeeeee*
  • marshallexi
    Options
    Does the War Doctor count?

Totally. I'd love more John Hurt on my screen in that character.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,255 Member
    Options
    He was the Doctor on the day it wasn't possible to get it right.

The_Doctors_and_the_Moment.jpg
  • conqueringsquidlette
    conqueringsquidlette Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    On the companion question - it's Donna. It will always be Donna. <3<3<3
  • navygrrl
    navygrrl Posts: 517 Member
    Options

I'd so love to have seen more with John Hurt.
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I Guess you're not counting "Peter Cushing" as a doctor, He Starred in the two Doctor Who Films?

No. Just no. Same name, totally different character. :/

As an aside, not to be weird, but I *love* your profile pic, marshallexi!
  • theoncomingstorm6464
    theoncomingstorm6464 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    This week it's 10.
  • jigsawxyouth
    jigsawxyouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    9 will forever be my Doctor... not going to lie, tho, I'm REALLY excited for 12!

This fall:
    2zf7hpu.jpg

CAPALDI ACTIVATE!
  • Loz220662
    Loz220662 Posts: 58 Member
    Options

No. Just no. Same name, totally different character. :/

Yes that's me coming out of the TARDIS..
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Doctor Who Fans
    Who is your favorite Doctor and why?

Mine personally is the 9th doctor. There is just something about him that I enjoy!
    "Before I go, I just want to tell you: you were fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. And do you know what? So was I!"
    Mine is the 9th as well. He was my first doctor and while I love the others, he was the best!
    51386-Doctor-Who-dancing-gif-YTBZ.gif
  • marshallexi
    Options

Thank you! :)))
  • arainiday1
    arainiday1 Posts: 1,763 Member
    Options
    well i have a soft spot for #9, because it was the first Dr. Who i had ever watched and thats when i got hooked, and i LOVE ROSE..... but i also LOVE 10 & 11..... and The Doctor Donna..... ugh its impossible to pick just one
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Doctor Who Fans
    Who is your favorite Doctor and why?

Mine personally is the 9th doctor. There is just something about him that I enjoy!
    "Before I go, I just want to tell you: you were fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. And do you know what? So was I!"

Tennant hands down. he had the total package, could be an *kitten*, was funny, intelligent and had a cool accent.
    prior to that i was growing up with the 4th doctor so he, Sarah Jane Smith and K9 have a special place in my heart

lost interest after Baker left, and only recently started watching religiously again when 9 started, wasn't a fan of him but Billie Piper was awesome. and the Sarah Jane Chronicles was ok for the most part

Matt Smith had great storylines to work with and even better companions he's 2nd on my list.

Summary,
    Doctors - 1) Tennant, 2) Smith, 3) Baker.
    Companions 1) Rose Tyler, 2) Sarah Jane Smith, 3) Clara Oswald
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options

I'd so love to have seen more with John Hurt.

Me too he was amazing in that short role, doesn't really make sense they put him as the war doctor which means he's in between 8 and 9 but not listed as a doctor because he wasnt called The Doctor, think they just needed someone as a scapegoat to fill in a gap, never intended for it to be logical, not that anything in Doctor Who land is logical or follows guidelines that can't be changed for no reason from episode to episode.
  • SarahxApple
    SarahxApple Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Jon Pertwee from Classic Who those are the reruns I remember, him and Tom Baker.

After that it's got to be Tennant, I loved his and Donna's relationship (mostly because she is not in love with him) I also think they have the saddest ending (yes Rose and Doctor are in love and it's tragic and Martha saves the world and loves him blah, blah) but imagine not remembering :cry: