people around 5" I want to hear your success stores!!

Hi guys I just want to hear you success stories for us short people along with hearing about how if went and how you did it.

HW- 160lbs
CW- 137lbs
Doctor Recommended Healthy Weight- 125lbs
GW- 120lbs (will reassess once there)

Feel free to add me guys I love the support and it gets me motivated to be able to help others aswell.. Plus I think I am good at it :)

Replies

• lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 2,951 Member
    well i am a bit taller at 5.2 ft. i started at 142 lbs and a size 13. i am now a size 3 and bounce from 114-119... it;'s hard, i get off track and i wish i had more dedication but i am still happy for what i have achieved even if i will always bounce around,lol...
  • manicautumn
    manicautumn Posts: 224 Member
    I'm 5'0. I was around 147lbs last summer. Lost about 12 pounds with no effort (drank less, mostly) and now I'm one month into a serious attempt. I've gone from 135 to 129.5 since the beginning of May.

So so so so close to a healthy BMI :)
  • Broejen
    Broejen Posts: 414 Member
    I'm 5'2" and 133lbs, down from 218. I have a success story thread, but I'm not done yet :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1308854-a-5-2-fat-chick-lost-85lbs-and-became-a-hot-mama
  • thingeringer
    thingeringer Posts: 241 Member
    I'm 5'. Started a little over two years ago at 177. Lost almost 50 lbs the first year. Have not only kept it off, but have also lost a few more pounds this past year. Always ate all my exercise calories back. Feel great. Good luck. It is so worth it.
  • erobinson2014
    erobinson2014 Posts: 19 Member
    Thanks for the stories guys, wishing you all the best of luck in finishing your journey and once you get there staying at it and continuing to live a happy, healthy life.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    In for Guinness Book Success Stories.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    I was once 5"1' tall
  • nickowastaken
    nickowastaken Posts: 751 Member
    Funny, nobody is admitting to being 5".

As you were!
  • ThePinkPanda
    ThePinkPanda Posts: 208 Member
    i'm 4'10 and currently 153 lbs.

SW: 249
    Cw: 153
    Gw: 112

it's been almost 3 years with some maintenance breaks in between for my sanity. i generally eat what i want within reason and i eat between 1600 and 1800 calories a day (and yes i eat back my exercise calories). i did cut out most of my fast/junk food but i still eat out once a week usually. prior to losing weight, i'd think nothing of eating a full size bag of chips so obviously something had to change lol. i work out 4-5 days a week. i do cardio most days and i lift weights at least 3 days a week.
  • mrs_hiner
    mrs_hiner Posts: 7 Member
    5'1" here! Starting weight (1/1/14) was 150, highest weight of my entire life! Today I'm at 130, 5 to go until my 125 goal then I'll be focusing more on toning, muscle building, and training for my first half marathon in November. 6 months of eating 1300 calories or less, and 1 hour 6x a week exercising. I run 4x a week, use the elliptical 2x a week, and I do 8-10 superset weight moves 3x week. Fridays are rest day :smile:

Remember to re-calculate your MFP settings for about every 5 or so pounds lost, it'll change your calorie settings. I learned this the hard way, took me weeks to go from 131 to 130, couldn't figure out why! Because I was taking in too many calories! Now that I've recalulated my settings I'm back on track.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!