Water!

Options

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Dont listin to anyone here that is telling you to put artificial flavors in your water, or to try and get you water from other sources like fruits or smoothies which is absolutely ridiculous, for one fruits dont have enough water in them and will not help you at all for a water source unless your stranded on a deserted island! You need gallons of water a day now how much of that do you think you will get from a fruit? Not enough to count for anything, and trying to get a good source of water from a smoothie is just as ridiculous as it sounds, where do you plan on getting it from the ice? Being most smoothies base are some type of milk or yogurt, if you drink them every day you will definitely gain weight! That being said if you want a good source of water the best place to get it from is guess what "WATER" you just need to get used to it and try your hardest not to drink the rest of the things that are bad for you like soda and juices. Plus dont forget the benefits to drinking water instead of, soda juice, or "smoothies" lol which are packed with sugars and calories remember water has absolutely no calories or sugars ( thats why you should never add anything to your water) so think about that next time your drinking something other then water that alone should help it taste better, if that doesn't do it all I can offer is, ice cold water, Ice cold water can be alote more refreshing then water at room temperature plus try exerciseing, any type of exercise will make your body crave water and want to down water with no problem hope this helps and good luck on you healthy life choice the first step is trying
    so much wrong with this post. dont listen to this guy
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Infuse it! Lemon and cucumber, pineapple and coconut, melon and mint. I bought a set of infuser pitchers at Costco, and I carry a water bottle wth me everywhere I go.

You can also eat water-rich foods, like jello, celery, watermelon... that all counts, too.

Brilliant!
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Get a 32 oz bottle. Keep it at your desk/in your bag/wherever. Drink one whole one, then refill it and drink that. Voila.
  • SaltNBurnBoys
    SaltNBurnBoys Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Honestly, the 8 cups (64oz) is a very general rule of thumb. If you're not actively thirsty, and your urine is pale yellow or clear, your body is properly hydrated. Don't try to force yourself to drink more just because you want to reach that mystical number.

That being said, everyone above me has fantastic ideas for when you ARE thirsty and want something more interesting than plain water.
  • 05gaward
    05gaward Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    A re-usable plastic tumbler with a straw helped me. (average 12 cups a day vs. 8 cups out of bottles)
  • SaltNBurnBoys
    SaltNBurnBoys Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Dont listin to anyone here that is telling you to put artificial flavors in your water, or to try and get you water from other sources like fruits or smoothies which is absolutely ridiculous, for one fruits dont have enough water in them and will not help you at all for a water source unless your stranded on a deserted island! You need gallons of water a day now how much of that do you think you will get from a fruit? Not enough to count for anything, and trying to get a good source of water from a smoothie is just as ridiculous as it sounds, where do you plan on getting it from the ice? Being most smoothies base are some type of milk or yogurt, if you drink them every day you will definitely gain weight! That being said if you want a good source of water the best place to get it from is guess what "WATER" you just need to get used to it and try your hardest not to drink the rest of the things that are bad for you like soda and juices. Plus dont forget the benefits to drinking water instead of, soda juice, or "smoothies" lol which are packed with sugars and calories remember water has absolutely no calories or sugars ( thats why you should never add anything to your water) so think about that next time your drinking something other then water that alone should help it taste better, if that doesn't do it all I can offer is, ice cold water, Ice cold water can be alote more refreshing then water at room temperature plus try exerciseing, any type of exercise will make your body crave water and want to down water with no problem hope this helps and good luck on you healthy life choice the first step is trying

What? Don't food police someone who has already expressed a general boredom with water. Also, alkalizing water has health benefits over tap water, it is especially crucial for immune system and eliminating free radicals. You don't need to drink "gallons of water a day." If anything, drink too much water can actually hurt you, and one unlucky contestant in a 2007 radio contest died from drinking too much water. Gallons of it. Infusing water with NATURAL INGREDIENTS is a flavorful and beneficial way to enjoy your intake. Infusing water into tea counts, too, and eating water-rich foods does keep people hydrated. Smoothies don't make you fat, calorie surplus does, and you CAN have them everyday if you want AND still lose weight, and guess what? Some people (MFPers even!) do just that! I have no idea where your purist misinformation and judgement stems from, but it's not necessary to full-agro someone looking for advice.

sooo.... water isn't bad when infused with natural ingredients... got it.:wink:

Umm, water is never "bad...." unless it has hexavalent chromium in it and you live in Henderson County, NV in the late 80's.

Slight correction: water can be bad if you don't let it leave your body. The woman who died from water poisoning drank gallons of water in the span of two hours without going to the bathroom. As long as you don't force yourself to hold onto the water, it doesn't matter how much you drink.
  • cheripugh1
    cheripugh1 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    add zero or 5 calorie water flavors any brand works and you will be OK drinking the water, you can use lemons too and NO there is no rule that it has to be flavorless water... just make sure it's water NOT soda pop or juice, or caffeine
  • ValGogo
    Options
    Dont listin to anyone here that is telling you to put artificial flavors in your water, or to try and get you water from other sources like fruits or smoothies which is absolutely ridiculous, for one fruits dont have enough water in them and will not help you at all for a water source unless your stranded on a deserted island! You need gallons of water a day now how much of that do you think you will get from a fruit?

Absolute nonsense...

hahahahha. Howdy Flushing!
  • Nathanmmx
    Nathanmmx Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I drink 2 before bed, 2 when I wake up, 2 after lunch, or during my gym workout, and 2 before dinner. So much easier to get all 8 in when you space them out, and easier with a routine.
  • LucasEVille
    LucasEVille Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    New to the site not new to exercise and healthy choices, lmfao and it doesn't take a scientist to see im new when you can clearly see I only have 7 posts, smh go read a book or something.

Broscience...... Got it.
  • ValGogo
    Options
    Get a 32 oz bottle. Keep it at your desk/in your bag/wherever. Drink one whole one, then refill it and drink that. Voila.

You get 5,500 points for spelling "voila" correctly. THANK you.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I have three 20 ounce water bottles in the frig at all times. My goal is to drink 5 bottles of water a day. I have 5 rubber bands on the bottles and each time I empty one I remove a rubber band before refilling the bottle and replacing it in the frig. This way I do not lose track and I am aware of how much water I am consuming.
  • pistachiopeas
    pistachiopeas Posts: 165 Member
    Options

You get 5,500 points for spelling "voila" correctly. THANK you.

+1.
  • mufin71
    mufin71 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    When I want a change, I add a couple of drops of McComick extract (lemon, orange, peppermint, vanilla......) or what ever you like. Benifits are, you get your water intake and it tastes good to with out any calories.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I am picky about the temp of my water so I don't like to drink out of anything bigger than 24 oz - usually stick to 16 oz. I use reusable cups mostly (lid and straw) and just make it a habit. When I get to work in the morning, I am sure to drink 1-2 of my cup before lunch, which is 16-32 oz. At lunch, the same. In the afternoon, I drink another 16 oz. Done. Then whatever accompanies my evening meal, whether it be more water or even wine, diet cola, etc..
  • qmmanager69
    qmmanager69 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I infuse my water with apple slices and cinnamon sticks. It gives just enough flavor/sweetness and adds nothing but value to the water. And it's super tasty. One apple and a couple cinnamon sticks can be used for 2-3 gallon pitchers of refills.
  • GBRhusker
    GBRhusker Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Sorry if this is a repeat. I saved some 64 oz bottles.....cranberry juice, v8, etc., whatever.....and I fill them last thing at night with Zero water. Google Zero water filters. I am afraid of the tap water where I live. I store them in the refrigerator overnight. After breakfast, I start drinking water. I love coffee and so I try to ween off the coffee by starting water earlier. At any rate, that is ALL I drink now (except the coffee). No soda at all. No Mio, Crystal Light, or any fruit juice, etc. No alcohol, no beer, wine, mixed drinks, etc. Trust me when I say that your body WILL respond to this apparent "shock treatment" over time, and it will savor the refreshing taste of water all day. Give it some time, go the distance. I try to think of my nutrition plan in general as just my guideline to make my body healthy, without regard to losing weight, getting toned, or the pleasure of food/drink. Your bod will thank you for it. My daily goal is about 100-120 oz per day. Check with your doctor because you CAN drink too much water. Hope this helps.
  • madisunbaker
    Options
    so much wrong with this post. dont listen to this guy
    haha ok thank you!:smile:
  • jgould876
    jgould876 Posts: 3
    Options
    I bought a 20 ounce water bottle. That way I'm drinking 4 of those and it equals more than 8 glasses but doesn't seem like it.
  • leveloffa
    leveloffa Posts: 2
    Options
    I've been drinking a gallon of water (24oz Bottle x 5). I set times to have them finished by 9am, 11am, 1pm, 5pm & before bed... I sometimes squeeze a lemon in there if I'm bored, but I love water so the taste isn't a problem for me.