Shedding for your wedding?

Options

Replies

• julez4774
    julez4774 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    i havent got my dress yet im waiting till 4 month before so i lose weight then dress will be perfect
  • yogacat13
    yogacat13 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    My wedding is in late October - I'm looking to lose another ten pounds (I've lost 10-11 already) I'm having my dress made, and in 8 weeks will go for my first official fitting!
  • crazygreenmonkey
    Options
    I feel your pain! I am getting married on 9th August and am currently 203lbs, having only lost 15lbs since buying my dress. My first fitting is this week and I am so disappointed that I haven't lost more (entirely my fault...major case of self-sabotage!)

I am hoping that I can lose another 14-19lbs by the big day, but not convinced I'll manage it (I seem to be losing slowly even when sticking to 1500-1600 per day. I really don't want to limit my calories any further as I get light-headed if I undereat).

I have been losing 1.5-2.5lbs per week for the last few weeks since I changed the types of foods I am eating (getting my calories from fruit and vegetables, grains and protein, rather than processed foods), so going to stick with that.

Good luck - I am sure you will achieve your goal and look lovely! :)
  • iiiEllie
    iiiEllie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    July 14th next year!
    So far down 20 pounds in 2 months, I'd like at least another 50 off by wedding date. 70 would be ideal. :D
    Started on WW, and was also putting everything into MFP, we bought a house two weeks ago and my eating has been CRAP lately, so we are hoping to get back on the band wagon as of today, thankfully I haven't gained any weight from the crappy eating.

Most of the meetings for the house/mortgage/lawyer are finished for about a month, so I will have a lot of extra time to get back into cooking our meals again.
  • missdarcy123
    Options
    I'm getting married June 28th! I've been focusing on strength training for the past few months, and I just started adding in a bunch of cardio for my last few weeks before the wedding. I'm hoping 1. it will help with the stress to go running 3x/week and 2. will help me lose the fat on top of my muscles (I sure hope that's what's under there....)
  • greedbear
    greedbear Posts: 1
    Options
    august 18th this year, eeep. first time in my life I've actually cared about how much I weigh, i'm nearly 28 and 102kg, time to get down to a moderate goal of 80 so my wedding pics don't haunt me for life! optifast sludge here I come XD
  • Mezzle13
    Mezzle13 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My Mum has made my wedding dress but she is getting increasingly cross that everytime I visit her it has to be taken in again! She has now admitted defeat and will do my final fitting in the few days before the wedding! I think she is the only person that hasn't been happy with my weight loss haha.

I get married one month today!!! :smile:
  • crazy_crab
    Options
    My wedding is May 2015... I just joined myfitnesspal and spark people in hopes of reaching my goal. I would like to lose 50 pounds and go from 192-142... Or somewhere close to there. I'm hoping to lose most of the weight this summer so I feel great when trying on dresses in September.
    Good luck to everyone!!!
  • vanessahaslag
    Options
    Hi everyone!!
    My name is Vanessa and I am getting married April 2015 and I am working hard to lose weight by then. I am trying to lose between 15-20 lbs. I started running every morning for 30 minutes (started a week ago, still going strong). And I've been eating very healthy Sun-Friday with my cheat day on Saturday. I also go to the Y two nights a week and take body pump and body combat group fitness classes. I am very determined. I went wedding dress shopping a few weeks ago and did not like any dresses because I wasn't happy with my body. Going shopping again early October and I need to get something then!
    Feel free to add me as a friend! I'd like motivation and buddies. :)
    Thank you!
    Vanessa
  • adopp062715
    adopp062715 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm getting married in June 2015 and I'm trying to drop 50 lbs by then. I went dress shopping last weekend and started crying after 3 dresses because I looked aweful. I don't plan on buying a dress for a couple of months because of that. Looking around September/October that way I don't have to buy too many dress sizes down and will feel good. Good luck everyone on your journeys!
  • _caseyb
    _caseyb Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    In the same boat! I bought my dress back in February and requested them to order an 8 when the 12 barely tied up. The saleswoman was furious at me but I'm motivated to prove her wrong. Down 12lbs in the last three months and have another 12 to go before my wedding in March. I've so far lost enough inches to fit into the 8, now everything else is just the extra icing :)
  • vanessahaslag
    Options
    In the same boat! I bought my dress back in February and requested them to order an 8 when the 12 barely tied up. The saleswoman was furious at me but I'm motivated to prove her wrong. Down 12lbs in the last three months and have another 12 to go before my wedding in March. I've so far lost enough inches to fit into the 8, now everything else is just the extra icing :)

Great job!!! :) That's exciting! Way to prove her wrong :tongue:
  • anie8989
    anie8989 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I am getting married October 18th of this year! I am so excited to start the rest of my life with my fiance.
    I am looking at losing at least 20lbs by october for my wedding, but anything will help since I need to lose 100+ lbs anyways.
    I bought my dress in November 2013, and ordered a 22, even though the lady told me to order a 24 because I am "in between" sizes. I was determined to lose something to fit in it. In late March I was able to pick me dress up and guess what! It fits PERFECTLY! I was so happy. I honestly don't need to lose any for the dress, but the seamstress said they are take in 2 sizes or take out 2 sizes, lets hope it's the 2 sizes in!
    I wish everyone good luck and all of us get where we want to be at to have a wonderful wedding!
  • thatsmrshodos2u
    thatsmrshodos2u Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies!
    I'm getting married November 1st of this year! I am so excited. I bought my dress in March, I fell in love with a discontinued dress. When I went to try dresses on, I was in a comfortable 16, I treid what was marked at a 16, only to find out that it is a street size 12. So I bought it with hopes that I can get into it. Starting out I had 11 inches to lose, as of this past Saturday, I have about 6.. wish me luck ladies!
    Feel free to add me and keep my rear in gear here!
  • gmstarr1
    gmstarr1 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in December (haven't set the exact date...this is our second marriage for both of us so we're not having a really big wedding.) So I want to start our new life at a new size. I started trying to lose weight in January, and I still need to lose about 15 - 20 pounds. :)
  • itodd4019
    itodd4019 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    8/8 for me

I prolly drop a few more pounds, but nothing major. I've also stopped all heavy drinking days until then (Iincluding the 4th of July)

so I can be all shiney and happy when we go to St Lucia.

Gettign married at a Sandals.
  • xxsarahjwxx
    Options
    June 13th 2015 for me.

I bought my dress in March this year - it's a UK 14 but was a good 6 inches or so from fitting. It was the first and only dress I tried on! It was super cheap as it's been discontinued for years so I decided I had to get it! I probably still need to lose another 4 inches to fit it but I have a year so I'm not too stressed yet. I wanted to be a UK 10 by the time I get married (which is probably what a wedding dress size 14 actually is!). I think I have about 58lb to lose to get there and I have lost 42lb already. I have had a bad couple of months and haven't lost anything (well I have but then i go and ruin it all at the weekends!) but I'm hopefully back on track now and ready to get my *kitten* in gear!
  • spara0038
    spara0038 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married Dec 21, so luckily I have *SOME* time before my fitting (Sep 27th). I've been working out and dieting like you too, and I've gone from 150 to 127, but have been noticing I'm not quite the shape I really want to be in my dress (as in- I'm still a little round around the middle!).

Been starting to up protein and water and lift heavy and it seems to have been working. Weight loss has certainly slowed, but I look better so hey, who cares.

Good luck to you, OP, and all of the 2014 brides looking to get in shape for the dress!
  • spara0038
    spara0038 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in December (haven't set the exact date...this is our second marriage for both of us so we're not having a really big wedding.) So I want to start our new life at a new size. I started trying to lose weight in January, and I still need to lose about 15 - 20 pounds. :)

*High five!* :drinker: Hey fellow December bride!! Same here- although hopefully 12 lbs and more toned. We have plenty of time even if things go slow, and we get to START 2015 with a new marriage and without the annual "lose some weight" resolution!
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Getting married Aug 30th...my problem is I cant lose too much more before the wedding because my dress will only go down 2 sizes and I am pretty close to that right now.