Quitting Processed Sugar

Options
So I only have 6 lbs to lose not much but would like to lose them by June 24th. I eat healthy all day but at night i have ice cream my guilty pleasure ive been trying to lose weight quicker for months and its just too slow if i quit having this big amount of sugar at night can i notice weight loss quicker?? Like soon?

Replies

• Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    If you eat less calories you will lose weight faster. As for "like soon" the rule is basically that a 3500 calorie deficit is equivalent to one pound of fat. It being sugar is inconsequential.
  • egirl68
    egirl68 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    If you eat less calories you will lose weight faster. As for "like soon" the rule is basically that a 3500 calorie deficit is equivalent to one pound of fat. It being sugar is inconsequential.

ok so would benefit if i cut ice cream and have fruit instead? Should i notice weight loss a lot quicker
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

ok so would benefit if i cut ice cream and have fruit instead? Should i notice weight loss a lot quicker

Depends how many calories of fruit you eat versus how many calories of ice cream you would have eaten. All that really matters in weight loss is how many calories you eat versus how many calories you burn. If you stopped eating 200 calories of icecream and instead ate 200 calories of fruit it would make no difference in your weight loss. If you stopped eating 200 calories of icecream and instead ate 100 calories of fruit (which is about 1 apple) then you would lose an additional pound every 35 days if you did that substitution every day.

Icecream has a lot of refined sugar. So does fruit.
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options

How many calories are you eating per day and at what rate are you losing weight?
  • egirl68
    Options

How many calories are you eating per day and at what rate are you losing weight?

1000-1300 and not even pound or pound a half a week
  • egirl68
    Options

Depends how many calories of fruit you eat versus how many calories of ice cream you would have eaten. All that really matters in weight loss is how many calories you eat versus how many calories you burn. If you stopped eating 200 calories of icecream and instead ate 200 calories of fruit it would make no difference in your weight loss. If you stopped eating 200 calories of icecream and instead ate 100 calories of fruit (which is about 1 apple) then you would lose an additional pound every 35 days if you did that substitution every day.

Icecream has a lot of refined sugar. So does fruit.

It is 350+ cals of my daily 1000-1300
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options

With only 6 pounds to lose, you should aim to lose no more than 0.5 lb a week. Rather than cutting your calories further, you should just keep tracking your intake accurately and consistently and be patient.
  • egirl68
    Options

With only 6 pounds to lose, you should aim to lose no more than 0.5 lb a week. Rather than cutting your calories further, you should just keep tracking your intake accurately and consistently and be patient.

ik but like is quitting ice cream really help me lose i havent lost much in over 3 months
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Have you tried adding some sprint sessions into your exercise regime, that can sometimes help!
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    How about changing your eating of ice cream to every other day instead of every day. That way you can still enjoy it, and you will still cut some calories.
  • egirl68
    Options
    How about changing your eating of ice cream to every other day instead of every day. That way you can still enjoy it, and you will still cut some calories.

do you think that will really help? like weight loss wise
  • fushigi1988
    Options
    If one cup of icecream is 200 calories, and you start eating it 3 times a week instead of every day, that is a 1000 calorie deficit in a week.
    If you keep everything else the same, you could lose a bit of weight. All the little changes can help and add up.
  • fushigi1988
    Options
    I was just saying it as an example, I hardly eat icecream, so I don't know
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    If one cup of icecream is 200 calories, and you start eating it 3 times a week instead of every day, that is a 1000 calorie deficit in a week.
    If you keep everything else the same, you could lose a bit of weight. All the little changes can help and add up.

Good point. Maybe if you like your ice cream moderation (in regards to number of days a week) is the key.
  • dmenchac
    dmenchac Posts: 447 Member
    Options

One cup 3 times a week = 600 calories
    One cup 7 times a week= 1400 calories

For a difference of 800 calories. What math were you using?
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Do you want to the lose the weight (by the 24th June) or don't you?

If you do - stop eating ice cream THIS MONTH . No ifs. no buts - just cut the crap - simples.
  • fushigi1988
    Options

One cup 3 times a week = 600 calories
    One cup 7 times a week= 1400 calories

For a difference of 800 calories. What math were you using?

Haha, you are right. I guess I was tired.