What should I order for dinner tonight?

Options
Hi all! I'm going out to a restaurant in Minneapolis tonight, and am wondering what looks healthy on the menu/ what you would order. Thank you!

https://www.labellevie.us/menus-wines

Replies

• annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    If I'm worried about calories I'd get the scallops and skip the bread, first course and dessert... if u just wanna have a good time, dont worry about it, enjoy what u want, but remember u dont have to always clean ur plate. Have fun :)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    soft shell crab, foie, halibut, cremeux, semifreddo
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I don't even know what most of that is! Poached halibut sounds good, but I have no idea what the other stuff is, and I'm too lazy to google. Anything that isn't fried, like the soft shell crab, which I would totally get, because soft shell crab. I would just go and enjoy myself, personally. If you're that worried about it, you can always have a little bigger deficit for the next 2 or 3 days. And I mean little.

ETA I'm too slow. Listen to the guy without the shirt. He knows where it's at.
  • natstar26
    natstar26 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Eat what you want on the menu, if its higher in calories have half the meal and take rest home for next day OR pick non fried foods and always get your sauces and dressings on the side so you can choose how much goes on your plate :)
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    None of the entrees look too horrific but the danger with French food is usually the sauces. They are often pretty butter/oil laden. If you can get something without a heavy sauce you'll be better off. It doesn't look like a place that would be super happy to make substitutions, but you may be able to ask the server if the chef would find it appropriate to serve the sauce on the side for any of the dishes.

Other than that, just don't gorge on bread if it's available and look at anything with "fried" or "crispy" in the name suspiciously. Seafood in and of itself is usually pretty low in calories, though.

The tasting menu might be a good idea if your table agrees. Portions are generally smaller so it sometimes works out better from a calorie perspective, oddly.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I'm French and don't know most of the side dishes that come with the meal :laugh: I'd go with the beef or the halibut, but I'm not sure exactly what comes with them. I'd say get whatever you want, the sauces in the side dishes are probably a killer either way.

And in a place like that... I'd have to have dessert (mousse tart or semifreddo).
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Well???? What did you get?!