potato chip trip

idivadi
idivadi Posts: 222 Member
edited September 22 in Motivation and Support
Day 8--Made it without the chip!!!!! Another night shift and I made it thru and got home without caving in. Must say the craving is pretty intense. I thought by now it would be easing but I am actually spending more time thinking about ways to avoid chips than I did at first.
While I was driving home this morning I was actually giving myself reasons why I SHOULD be able to have chips. You know all the reasons we use to justify bad decisions. Example:: I work hard so I should be able to reward myself. I was up all night so I should be able to eat what I want. I have not even had a chip for over a week I should be able to have some. Each time I countered those arguements with new thoughts. My reward is getting healthy. Being up all night makes any decision that I take at this time suspect--wait until restedand then rethink the issue. One week done why trip myself up. My logical side won this morning-- thank the cosmos.
My emotional sided has had control for way to long.

Replies

• wccafe
    wccafe Posts: 20
    FANTASTIC! 8 down, only 22 to go! Not only is being healthier a reward, but knowing you have the strength, and power to choose, to stick, to overcome is HUGE! Keep posting See this through!
  • idivadi
    idivadi Posts: 222 Member
    OMG. Thank you for your note. Emotional wreck that I am---your words brought tears to my eyes. You are right. I have always encouraged my daughter to be a strong and independent woman. I just need to acknowledge that I am also strong and independent. Thanx.
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Potato Chips are my huge weakness the more salt the better. I commited myself to the workouts P90 on Dec 6th 2010. The whole month of December - I tried these 'baked chips'...they are not bad. It's the Sodium you don't want. I now eat these things called 'Rice cakes' they come in different flavours - the ones I have is 'butter popcorn' & 'white cheddar' - each rice is 35g and the sodium content is so much better than a handful of 'Baked chips;...
    It's a hard journey, but if you can believe in yourself that you can do - you will succeed. I wish you the best on your new way of life :) xo
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    So very proud of you!! What an amazing and inspirational post!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

D
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Your doing great, hang in there, the cravings will diminish over time. Do you tend to lose control with chips in a big way? I'm not a huge chip fan but I do like chips with my sandwich. Can you handle having just one portion with other healthy foods? I find that allowing myself to have what I crave in moderation helps a lot in controlling the binges. I just keep within my caloric goal. When you feel stronger and more in control you might try allowing yourself a portion of those chips here and there but if they are a trigger food then maybe you should just quit cold turkey! Good luck and stay motivated.....you can do it.
  • bucky17h
    bucky17h Posts: 120
    Congrats! You can do it, I did! One day you will realize at the end of the day I did not think about potato chips! We are stronger than chips, keep it up!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • JenUB
    JenUB Posts: 84
    Good job! I'm a salt-a-holic, too. You've made it this far. The reward to yourself is being able to say that you "conquered the chip!"
This discussion has been closed.