Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken

Options

Replies

• Phildog47
    Phildog47 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Note to OP: soy sauce, ketchup, honey... is this like a teriyaki chicken? Or better?
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Hi. It reminds me more of like General Tsos chicken. Sticky, sweet, spicy.. If you like it hotter, just adjust with pepper flakes. The reason I say this is I poured it in one time and whoops... Got HOT.. Hope you like.
  • Heatherybit
    Heatherybit Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Whenever I see ketchup I usually replace the ingredient with tomato paste and if need be, some water, but the paste gives much more punch of flavor for me and lowers the sugars. Also when it comes to soy sauce, I like to use Pearl River Super Dark soy sauce. It has 1300mg of sodium per tablespoon, but it's so dense in flavor that it's a 4:1 in the flavor impact. Which mean I add 4 parts water to one part soy sauce to follow recipes.

Therefore in this particular recipe: there is about 5 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon (1/3 cup)of soy sauce which equates to 4,686mg of sodium if using regular soy sauce about 3,786 for light vs. 1300mg of the Pearl River method.
  • BlueHydrangea50
    BlueHydrangea50 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe. Looks delicious.
  • back2happy2005
    back2happy2005 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    bump
  • auntiemsgr8
    auntiemsgr8 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Whenever I see ketchup I usually replace the ingredient with tomato paste and if need be, some water, but the paste gives much more punch of flavor for me and lowers the sugars. Also when it comes to soy sauce, I like to use Pearl River Super Dark soy sauce. It has 1300mg of sodium per tablespoon, but it's so dense in flavor that it's a 4:1 in the flavor impact. Which mean I add 4 parts water to one part soy sauce to follow recipes.

Therefore in this particular recipe: there is about 5 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon (1/3 cup)of soy sauce which equates to 4,686mg of sodium if using regular soy sauce about 3,786 for light vs. 1300mg of the Pearl River method.

This is great. Will have to see if I can find that around here.
  • pmm7692
    pmm7692 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Stealing this idea.
  • jsimm2127
    jsimm2127 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    bump
  • happygirl556
    happygirl556 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Bump! Thanks
  • jackson7478
    jackson7478 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Bump. These sound awesome. Can't wait to try!!!
  • BeautifulSoul705
    BeautifulSoul705 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the recipe. :)
  • KimberDG9966
    KimberDG9966 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I saw this post, was intrigued, and made it yesterday. Oh my gosh...yummy! My daughter polished off a huge amount of the chicken. We both loved it :) Thank you for sharing!
  • kelleygi
    kelleygi Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    How did you know I was just looking for some great crock pot recipes!!?? Thank you!!! ( I'll be adding more garlic, for sure thou!)
  • crunchergirl
    crunchergirl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I will be making this on Sunday. Thanks for the recipe.
  • blueyegirl0712
    blueyegirl0712 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Mygsds
    Options
    Yes, can't have enough garlic. Like I said one time I slipped with the red pepper flakes... WOW
  • Mygsds
    Options
    I saw this post, was intrigued, and made it yesterday. Oh my gosh...yummy! My daughter polished off a huge amount of the chicken. We both loved it :) Thank you for sharing!
    So glad you liked it. I have tripled the batch, taken it to potlucks and never any leftovers. I never tried anything but the original recipe so don't know how it turned out without using the catsup like someone mentioned..
  • BeginningAgainMay14
    BeginningAgainMay14 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • daworley
    daworley Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Sounds great and I love the red pepper flake and broccoli suggestions.