Exercise measurement for steps/distance using fitbit?

Options
Is there anything in the exercise tab where you can enter in steps or distance? I wear a fitbit daily and that doesn't do calories burned by walking or time of walking - it counts steps, miles, and total calories burned through the whole day.

Thanks.

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    But included in those calories are the steps you did walking and the more you walk the more you earn... Are you wanting to add in more calories on top of that and count them twice?
  • angraham2
    angraham2 Posts: 128
    Options
    have you linked it to your MFP account? It does the work for you. You don't have to log any walking.
  • jdr1223
    jdr1223 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    have you linked it to your MFP account? It does the work for you. You don't have to log any walking.

yep, link the two together, it helps out a lot
  • Live_To_Win
    Live_To_Win Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Linking them works wonderfully. At least for me
  • RLMsFitnessPal
    RLMsFitnessPal Posts: 81 Member
    Options

I have a Fitbit One linked to my MFP account, and I let it do the work for me. I use the Drivebit app on my phone to record time spent travelling by automobile since Fitbit will sometimes log drive/ride time as steps. It automatically uploads to the dashboard when the timer is stopped if you are connected to data or wi-fi. Keep in mind, Fitbit is designed to track step-based activities, so it won't accurately record other types of activities.

Fitbit just summarizes your data for MFP to make the necessary adjustments. You could always write in whatever details you want in the Exercise Notes section. I've thought about doing that for walking times, steps, miles, etc., just for my own reference. The Fitbit Dashboard will keep track of all that information, though, and then summarize it for MFP to make adjustments.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Yep what everyone else said. If you link it to your MFP profile it will calculate your calories burned based on steps. I generally think that it's a bit on the generous side....so I never eat back all the calories it gives me. But it's still a great tool to make sure your getting in your daily steps!