New here, looking for motivation! :P

Options
Hello everyone. My name is Adam, I'm 23 and currently living a very lazy life in California. I've joined this site today because I am at the heaviest I have ever been, and I'm ready to change that! I have attempted diet changes and exercise before, but I always fall off the bandwagon due to lack of motivation. I hope that in my time here, I'll be more inspired to change my ways and get back down to a more comfortable weight. Meeting some nice people wouldn't be too bad, either! :P

Anyway, its nice to meet you all!

Replies

• alltattoodup158
    Options
    Don't give up.....believe me I'm going thru the same thing last year at this time I was 195 of pure cut up meat....and I started working a job where it was very little activity.....and now I'm back in your shoes I'm back to 248 lbs .....keep in mind 3 weeks ago I was 270 lbs......but I decided to go back to the gym and now I run 3 miles every other day at the gym....I'm also taking supplements such as GNC rampant....a CLA pill....and vitamins to help ....The GNC pill is for the cutting agent and the CLA is a body shaping pill and the vitamins for everyday needs ......In short keep up the work and it will pay off.hey 22 lbs in 3 weeks isn't bad so if I can do it so can you .
  • xAddyx
    xAddyx Posts: 7
    Options
    Thank you for sharing, and congratulations on the recent weight that you've lost. Keep it up!
  • Cortezzee
    Cortezzee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Adam, I'm on the same boat as you! I'm the heaviest I've ever been and finding it harder to lose weight now than a few year back. Hopefully no falling off the wagon this time around. Seeing everyone's determination here is inspiring!
  • xAddyx
    xAddyx Posts: 7
    Options
    It really is inspiring, I think coming here was a good idea for both of us, haha. Good luck to you! :)
  • coaoalo
    coaoalo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi Adam, I'm in the exact same boat as you. I'm 22F from the UK. Feel free to add me as a friend if you think that'll help you. I'm new to mfp too :)
  • CupcakesMom2
    CupcakesMom2 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hi Adam,

I'm in the same boat as well. I have a pretty lazy lifestyle and am the heaviest I have ever been. but this time I am determined to lose it and to lose it for good so I never ever have to go through this again. You can do this, just focus on one day at a time and do the best you can each and every day. Good luck!
  • frickhead
    frickhead Posts: 17
    Options
    Hey! Congrats on the decision to change your lifestyle. :)
    An important thing to do to stay motivated is to remember your goals! Maybe take a photo of yourself every 30 days so you can see the progress. Constantly put yourself around motivation. Maybe set up MFP reminders on your phone with the MFP app(which is actually currently down right now..My first time every experiencing problems with this) so you will constantly see the notification to motivate you. It's important to remember why you start.

If you're anything like me, after going for about a month or two, it will be part of your daily routine and you will feel the need to do it anyways. (I'm at 72 days in a row right now and I have lost about 18 pounds by changing my lifestyle thanks to MFP!) :) Good luck!!
  • Bittersweetbruises
    Options
    Motivation can be hard to get but I know you'll get out there and reach the healthy weight you desire. Go for it. What have you got to lose? :)
  • Mariachicat
    Mariachicat Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    You will definitely find motivation among the many members and stories here. I've been here almost a month and there is a LOT of support. Congratulations on starting your journey!