I'm doing well so far, but I'm afraid of slipping...

Options
So I just started logging my calories this week, and I think I'm doing well so far. I THINK. Could someone peek at my food diary and give me tips, etc? What should I eat more of? Less of? Etc.

Lastly, although I'm doing well with food tracking now, there always comes a time when I start to slip and stop tracking. I'm dreading that moment, and I don't want it to happen to me. I really want to stick with it this time. Does anyone want to be MFP friends? I have a feeling I'll need the motivation on those tough days.

I love this site; everyone here is so nice and helpful! Thanks so much. :)

Replies

• DoralisM
    Options
    I'll be your friend! This site is great... been on it for 4 days and i love it =) Dont worry I will encourage you as much as I can... U CAN DO IT!!!
  • Diesel66
    Diesel66 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    we all need support :) I commend you for being honest about slipping and allowing your diary to be viewed......having said that your honesty will be the best tool you have. Be honest and track those bad eating days (not eating is bad too) and the more you see WHAT you eat it will motivate you even more. Friend request on the way :)
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I was gonna check your food diary like you asked but I don't see it visible to view so I'm not able to offer suggestions. If you feel comfy changing the settings I can take a look otherwise a few ideas would be making sure you're getting plenty of water in, a little as possible of processed food, low sodium, plenty of fruits and veggies, looks by your user name like you might be a vegetarian (?) so you probably got a handle on what your needs are there. If not there are lots of Vegans and Vegetarians on here that would be more than happen to offer help if you need any, just post something with that in the subject line.

Oh also many ppl find eating smaller meals more often helps them keep their blood sugars at an even keel to help with hungry so that's another idea.

Good luck:flowerforyou:
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I looked at 3 days worth of your food, and it looks like you are doing a great job with logging it. Congrats on that! It took me a little time to get used to it, but you are already off to a great start.

Yesterday's food looks really REALLY good. I think you did a great job there. The day before that, however, it looks like you only ate around 800 or so calories. I would encourage you to try to eat at least 1200 calories per day because that is a bare minumum of what you should be eating to fuel your body without exercise. If you eat below that for an extended period of time your metabolism can actually slow down. But, one day on rare occasions is OK. The day before that looked really good as well. YOu even gave me some snack ideas. I had been wanting to try some hummus, just haven't done it yet. :flowerforyou:

Don't worry about an occasional slip up, either. We all have them from time to time, just remember to log all your food no matter what. This can be really motivational because it shows us where we definitely need to show some improvement. And by seeing those areas we need to improve on, we can better plan our next day and move on.

I think you are doing great so far. Keep it up!!!
  • veggiegirl314
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the encouraging words! I used to be a vegetarian, but not any more. I just kept the username because I like it. :)

I will work on keeping my calories up to at least 1200...thanks for the tip. And thanks for the friend requests! It really means a lot :)