Weight loss buddy

Options
Hello

I am a 28 year old who lost about 2 stone, but have recently changed job and where I live and put about half back on. So I would really like to lose a stone, I have joined the gym and am running but can't seem to stop eating bread and butter. On top if that I have been diagnosed as gluten intolerant due to having poly cystic ovarian syndrome. I can't stick to a gluten free diet, falling off the wagon frequently and consuming bread and butter which makes me feel ill, fat and stops me sleeping. I want to be slimmer again and regain confidence in my self and the way I look. So I am looking for a buddy to help motivate me either online or in person in the Cambridge area.

Thank you
Francine

Replies

• hoyagirl03
    hoyagirl03 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Francine -- I'll friend you. But first of all, go easy on yourself. You beating yourself up is not going to make it better. Just have to take it one day at a time!
    Secondly, I'm not gluten intolerant but I think there is a good book you can read that may help how you view food. It definitely helped me out a lot. There are some alternatives to what you like, but I think some of the gist of this book will help you out! The book is called "It Starts with Food" and I think it's a good explanation of things.
  • fatkinson
    fatkinson Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this, just really need some motivation and I know it's all about food for me as I do plenty of exercise. I have bought the book and will start reading tomorrow, thank you.

Francine
  • zz1274
    zz1274 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Francine,
    I feel for you because I am gluten intolerant my self plus I cannot Digest dairy, soya, nuts, Histamin loaden things such as smoked stuff, industrial Food, some fruits etc.
    I have the same bread addiction as you have and it took me some time to control this.. I donot know if you have ever tried eating gluten free bread, such as buck wheat. That might help a bit but in my case it did not help me get rid of the bread addiction. I am trying to avoid bread. I switched to Rice Crackers but i can tell you that , even if it is really better than bread, it does not stop the addiction.
    I suffer from side effects when eating too much as well as eating the wrong things.
    It got better and romorrow I am on a 45 day plan to reach my perfect weight agian...
    are you with me?
    I an help you with a lot of things and need constant support myself...
    I live in Germany so there is a time difference, however, I am sure we can do this.

by the way, Information about food is a good start but sometimes it just increases the guilt. i read so many books and know so much about Nutrition. Only by now I can start to Change my behaviour be cause of the informtion I have been gathering since 3 years..

let me know what you think.. I am here for you