Gadget Geeks

Options
gaila88
gaila88 Posts: 15 Member
if you're like me and obsessed by anything Mr Apple comes up with and anything else that falls under the 'gadget' category then please share your likes and dislikes - fave Apps, software, websites etc.

My obsession started in the 1980's when the first PDA type gadgets came out. My first was a Casio, was about the size of an A5 notebook and had a memory the size of a bee brain. From then I upgraded to various other PDA's over the years , Palms being my preferred option. Then came the Smartphone and the one I'd been waiting for most of my adult life, an iPhone. I was in heaven!

Unfortunately I am the only person I know who still has the iPhone 3GS, as I stupidly refused to wait a few months until the iPhone 4 came out (because the initial rumours were that it wasn't going to be anything much better than the 3GS - lesson learnt!) Now I have to wait until November 2011 to get an upgrade.

However, to ease the pain, I did manage to scrape together enough to get an iPad. I think I love that almost as much as my children. Of course I need a Macbook in order to keep all of this gadgetry together.

I spend hours trawling through the App store downloading apps I don't really need and then find I either forget I have them or they sit in itunes on the laptop un-ticked.

I know I'm not the only person like this. So come on out and join the Geek Club.

Gail:glasses:

Replies

• rhoward66
    rhoward66 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Count me in...my budget can't keep up with the things that Apple produces. I'm waiting for the new iPad to be announced!
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad, I still have the iPhone 3G!
  • danridge
    Options
    I am also a gadget freak.
    I have the ipad, ipod touch 4G and Ipod nano 2g.
    I am always looking for new apps to try out.
    If you are into podcasts I would recommend TWIT.tv they do several tech shows like macbreak weekly and Ipad today.
  • JaneZv
    JaneZv Posts: 200
    Options
    Oh love gadgets too, I will spend hours in those IT and electronics stores drooling over gadgetry. :bigsmile:
    Don't be upset about having to wait till november, have you seen the leaked photos of a possible iphone 5? Hope they fix the antenna problem... I'm waiting (meanwhile saving $$$) to get the 2nd gen ipad, saw the rumored pics & specs and it is quite tempting. :smooched:
  • gaila88
    Options
    Hello and thanks for the podcast info danridge, I'll have a look at that.

and the iPhone 5? I'm trying not to take any notice of rumours because I will want one NOW!

Are you all using the Runkeeper app? I didn't realise how good it was as I thought it was just for runners but it covers all exercise and links to a main website where you can get even more info.

I'm into playing games like Trading Nation and We Rule at the moment but still find myself playing Scoops and Doodle Jump for way too long too.

What are your favourite time wasting apps? I suppose if you're playing games you aren't eating! (couldn't bear the thought of sticky fingerprints on my screen!)
  • danridge
    Options
    I really like playing 10 pin shuffle and angry birds.
  • gaila88
    Options
    Danridge - you know I tried for days to get past level 4 of Angry birds and got so annoyed with it that my son had to do it for me - after that it lost all its attraction. I'm not good with trajectory it seems!
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I love that Microsoft opened a store right across from the Apple store in Mall of America...and almost a direct rip-off of the Apple store. I am a HUGE gadget geek, but getting a Droid X Monday.