looking for healthy smoothie recipes

Options
Does anyone have some healthy smoothie ideas? I have been using greek yogurt and frozen fruit but they often contain a lot of sugar.

Replies

• Thunderith
    Thunderith Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have been doing one with:

One box of the very vanila soy milk
    One cup of blueberries
    One cup of pineapple

That makes two smoothies so I drink one then and poor the other one up and drink it the next day.

The calories are 167 per serving and the sugar is 28. Its not great with sugar but its not bad. If you use regular soy milk it would be less.
  • defygravity531
    defygravity531 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I make AWESOME smoothies with frozen fruit and juice like Trop 50 (any variety) or water (if you wanted the dairy taste I guess you could use milk or lowfat yogurt?)

I make it different every time. I put 1/2 cup low sugar juice and 1/2 cup water in my blender and then I start adding frozen fruit (tropical fruit, berries, a banana, whatever you have on hand) until it reaches my desired volume or thickness. Blend the fruit in small bunches before adding more so your blender's not over worked. Also, if you choose berries you will still have those itty bitty seeds in there. They've never bothered me but I like to give people the heads up. Dole has an amazing tropical frozen fruit blend.

NO sugar added in any of this and it still tastes wonderful. And FILLING, lol.
  • nana_of_8
    nana_of_8 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I just use one container of my fav yogurt, add 1/2 cup of whatever frozen fruit I have and blend.
    You can add some fat free milk if it's too thick, or ice if it's too thin. And double the ingredients if you're making it for 2.
    The flavor combinations are endless! :flowerforyou:
  • MJ5898
    MJ5898 Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Bump, thanks!
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Before I started using Shakeology my usual smoothie consisted of skim milk, fat free plain yogurt, protein powder, frozen fruit and some dry oatmeal. Delish!
  • rachaelski
    Options
    I would get some green superfood to add to your smoothies, and maybe some hemp seeds.