Boob & Butt question

Options
I know this is probably a moderately awkward question -- but I want a variation of opinions! :)

I currently weigh 184lbs and am 5'0". My figure is VERY hour-glassey (see pictures on my profile) and along with that I have the big boobs and an even bigger butt (my lower body is where most of my weight is carried)

My question is that when I reach my goal of 125lbs, how much will both of these body parts decrease? I know genetics plays a large role into it, however, could someone who has already went through this or knows of someone who has tell me? I am honestly horrified of completely losing both of them and losing my figure also. Is it possible for an hour glass figure to turn into a more flat stick-like one? I love the shape of my body and would like to maintain my curves :(

Also, are there any exercises you guys could suggest to help out with this perhaps?

Thanks in advance for your help :))))

Replies

• Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    At my lowest weight (154) I lost about a cup size from my bust and a little excess from my butt, but I still have my curves.
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Sorry hon. Everyone is different. We all gain and lose weight differently.
    And you cant spot lose or spot keep weight either.
  • Temperantia
    Options
    I wouldn't do a lot of high intensity cardio - focus more on toning & strengthening. I lost weight from my chest and butt when I did a lot of cardio!
  • amycrims
    Options
    Obviously they'll both reduce in size, though I would think that your body won't change/your proportions. I have big boobs too and wonder how much they'll shrink if I lose enough weight. Can't ever imagine them shrinking so much they they'd be considered average compared to the rest of my body. Your body type and proportions will always remain the same- I think you'll always have your nice hourglass figure, though it will be smaller overall : )
  • lilac67
    lilac67 Posts: 311
    Options
    I would suggest lunges and squats for your butt and chest flies for your chest. Building up the muscles behind "the girls" could make up for some of the loss in that area!
  • skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Well personally my ( . Y . ) are always the first thing to start shrinking, its a drag but they don' go away. You will still have some curves undoubtedly. Its worth it to me.
  • BlueOwlz
    Options
    Your size will go down but you'll keep your curvy, hour-glass shape!
  • leastwood
    Options
    I agree, less cardio excercise and more strength training, using weights.
  • seemichellerun
    Options
    Sorry hon. Everyone is different. We all gain and lose weight differently.
    And you cant spot lose or spot keep weight either.

Yup!

I'm 5'2" and have always been busty. I was a DD when I was 120 (college weight), 168 (post baby weight), and currently at 147. Some women gain and lose in their chest, and some don't. It's all in the genes.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Sweetie, you sound like you are happy the way you are. If that's the case, maybe getting all the way down to 125 isn't what you want? Just a thought.

I am 5'3" and have lost 25 lbs, a cup size and a band size- the thing is it doesn't LOOK like I've lost a cup size- the rest of me is smaller, so my boobs, proportionally, look pretty much the same...even a little bigger, now that I have a smaller tummy. My butt was hugely gross to me before and have never really wanted to keep it that way, so I can't speak to that one, but I think while losing weight will make these areas smaller, in relation to the rest of you, your curves will look pretty much the same.

You can proly take your measurements and check your Bust: Hip/ Waist:Hip ratios just to make sure (ie- when I started my waist:hip ratio was .78, and even though both places are smaller, it's still .78)
  • nickeymhughes
    nickeymhughes Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm 4"11 and in the last 2 months I've went from 143 to 124.. I'm very curvy as well and I too love it! I didn't want to lose my butt (although, I did want it to be alittle smaller) and I wasn't huge in my chest (38D). Now that I've lost the weight, I have went down to a 38B and I love my butt even more, it's still nice and curvy but firm. I plan on losing 10 more lbs and I do jumping lunges, jumping jacks, & sqwats everyother day so I don't lose my lovely butt =) Now for my chest, I would love to get back to my 38D but not sure how, I do my chest 2 times a week but it dosn't seem to help.. if you find out anything let me know.... Hope this helps
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    right, her goal can change, but reality check, she is 5'0 and 180ish lbs, if she wants to lose the weight, that is a fantastic idea for her health.
    Sweetie, you sound like you are happy the way you are. If that's the case, maybe getting all the way down to 125 isn't what you want? Just a thought.

I am 5'3" and have lost 25 lbs, a cup size and a band size- the thing is it doesn't LOOK like I've lost a cup size- the rest of me is smaller, so my boobs, proportionally, look pretty much the same...even a little bigger, now that I have a smaller tummy. My butt was hugely gross to me before and have never really wanted to keep it that way, so I can't speak to that one, but I think while losing weight will make these areas smaller, in relation to the rest of you, your curves will look pretty much the same.

You can proly take your measurements and check your Bust: Hip/ Waist:Hip ratios just to make sure (ie- when I started my waist:hip ratio was .78, and even though both places are smaller, it's still .78)
  • Suisho25
    Suisho25 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft too, and the only way I managed to lose my big boobs was with surgery! Before this, exercise actually made them bigger due to increased muscle mass underneath! I've been wearing the Reebok easy tones for a couple of months and my butt is in great shape! I wouldn't worry about losing your hourglass figure, it'll stay with you even if you cast a slimmer shadow.

Good Luck,

Chrystal
  • imagoofyg00b3r
    Options
    Yeah I didn't mean for it to come off that I'm already happy where I'm at. I'm still going to lose all my weight and do everything I can to reach my goal. I guess I'm just scared of losing the actual shape/proportions of my body. Regardless if I do lose the weight in either area, I'm for sure still going to reach my 125lb goal.. I just kind of wanted to know what to possibly expect in advance so I'm not so bummed out if I come out of this journey without a butt and boobs lol.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    right, her goal can change, but reality check, she is 5'0 and 180ish lbs, if she wants to lose the weight, that is a fantastic idea for her health.

Yea...that's why I said "all the way down to 125" I wasn't saying losing weight was a bad idea, just that it's also ok to be happy how you are without needing to hit some magic number on the scale that someone else sets for you- I think that's a fantastic idea for her mental health.

imagoofyg00b: Good for you for getting started, and being committed to reaching your goal. As other posters have said, you really can't know what is going to happen to these areas, but I think as long as you lose slowly and steadily, giving your mind and body time to adjust to the new size along the way, you will end up happy with how you look- no matter the # on the scale. Best of luck on your journey.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    There's lots of factors, but generally speaking, your skeletal shape determines whether or not you're hourglass. If the width of your shoulders and hips are about the same, with a defined waist, you're an hourglass, whether you're skinny or not. So if you're curvy now, you'll likely be curvy when you reach your goal.
  • jomonster8u
    jomonster8u Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just want to chime in here, I'm 5'1 and currently 160ish. I'm working towards the same goal, and I was all the way up to 185 when I started this too. Based on your pic, I feel like we have similar bodies - you don't LOOK heavy, so you probably have a pretty sturdy frame. When I was 185, I was a size 14/16 in Gap and a large in shirts. I also carry most of my weight in my butt/hips and boobs! I was a 36D and now i'm a 34D - the smaller band size makes the cup slightly smaller too, but like others have said proportionately, I still look curvy because I'm smaller all over.

One thing I do notice, though, is I lose in my stomach/boobs/upper body first a little, then my legs, then back to upper body... so my hourglass is changing. There was a time when I was 130, in my teens (in my twentys now) and I was still hourglass. In pant sizes, I was a 4/6 and S/M in shirts, with 32Cs.

Don't worry about losing your figure, you won't, esp since you don't seem to be a "petite" 5'0. A good indicator is your wrist/calf size. It makes a big difference, and I wouldn't aim for lower than 120 (you'd probably be like a 2 in pants and a 32B). You don't want to look frail and be unhealthy, so keep your frame and muscle mass in mind!! Goodluck!
  • imagoofyg00b3r
    Options
    Just want to chime in here, I'm 5'1 and currently 160ish. I'm working towards the same goal, and I was all the way up to 185 when I started this too. Based on your pic, I feel like we have similar bodies - you don't LOOK heavy, so you probably have a pretty sturdy frame. When I was 185, I was a size 14/16 in Gap and a large in shirts. I also carry most of my weight in my butt/hips and boobs! I was a 36D and now i'm a 34D - the smaller band size makes the cup slightly smaller too, but like others have said proportionately, I still look curvy because I'm smaller all over.

One thing I do notice, though, is I lose in my stomach/boobs/upper body first a little, then my legs, then back to upper body... so my hourglass is changing. There was a time when I was 130, in my teens (in my twentys now) and I was still hourglass. In pant sizes, I was a 4/6 and S/M in shirts, with 32Cs.

Don't worry about losing your figure, you won't, esp since you don't seem to be a "petite" 5'0. A good indicator is your wrist/calf size. It makes a big difference, and I wouldn't aim for lower than 120 (you'd probably be like a 2 in pants and a 32B). You don't want to look frail and be unhealthy, so keep your frame and muscle mass in mind!! Goodluck!

Thanks so much for that! This is really what I was getting at. I've NEVER been skinny or in shape so I really don't know how my body is meant to look. Everywhere is already fairly bony as far as being able to feel my hip bones, rib cage, etc. I just have a lot of excess is my legs, butt, some in the arms and DEFINITELY calves..my wrists are very small though. I'm currently a 14/16 in pants and ultimately would like to be somewhere in the 6-8 range. I can wear a medium - xl, depending on how the shirt is made.

I know a lot of people here are saying you cant determine where you lose fat and how genetics are a huge role -- I already knew this. I just really wanted someone with a similar shape who has lost the weight to share how their body changed :)
  • modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    Options

I can't agree more. I can't believe I"m seeing things like "fine the way you are" and "don't do cardio."

We're all here to help our weight and our health and we're NOT here to enable one another to continue our unhealthy habits. It's disappointing to see that happening.

Back to the original post...

My normal weight or so is around 135, where I had a very lean, straight body type. When I gained weight (heaviest being about 185) I definitely had curves. I've already lost some weight and seeing my small frame coming back. If you aren't sure what your body type is at a healthy weight, you could be surprised. But the goal is to get healthy and then learn to love who you are.

Please add me if you want some support/motivation! The community is great here.
  • chocolatnoir
    chocolatnoir Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I think it is genetic. If you are naturally curvy and it isn't just the (extra) fat factor creating the curves then you may not lose them. I'm busty and my cup size has not changed since I was 15, regardless of my weight (I've ranged from 135-155lbs as an adult).