Metabolism wake up

Options
I am wondering what is the most effective way to reve up my metabolism? I think it died a gruesome death somewhere along the lines of my weight loss obsession. I know that I do not always eat the way I should, I have days that I barely eat 1200 and other days I eat closer to 2000 but on some weekends it is much more because of drinking beer especially now that it is summer time. I am working on this but for me it is hard. I do okay during the week but my weekend lifestyle is polar opposite of the weekdays. I often do not log on the weekends because I am pissed at myself for eating/drinking the things that I do. I don't feel like I eat a ton at anytime but the choices are bad and I am sick of what I eat during the week. I am not a big fruit or veggie fan. Any fruits that are acidic give me heartburn/indigestion so I avoid them. I love a good salad but take away all the good stuff and I am not satisfied. I don't exercise other than walking when I can and I sit in a desk 8 hours a day with little opportunity to leave said cubicle hell. With all that being said I only want to loose 10-15 lbs (currently 39 years old, 5'4 and between 136-139 lbs) and have been stuck here at these variable weights for 9 years. I weighed only 112 whe I got pregnant and gained to 155 due to complications. 9 Years later I am still trying to loose the extra weight gained. I do not want to get back down to the 112 it was unreasonable then and even more so now. I am trying to learn the fastest way to loose this weight (because hello! it is bikini season but also trying to learn how to be healthy and finds things that I can implement and stick to. I beleive I have killed my metabolism and need to know how I can revive it or if it can even be done. Feel free to check out my diary, I know it is not great, but like I said I am trying to learn from all of you....:drinker:

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Exercise
    default Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    do resistance training
    HIIT
    bodyweight exercises
    if you don't want to do this go for a run to shed calories
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Just waking up should rev the metabolism up.

Failing that, try doing sprints once or twice a weeks (you can do them on stationary bike, elliptical or just outside on the grass).
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Boosting metabolism is done by exercising. However, if you are not eating at a calorie deficiency, sending your metabolism into overdrive will do nothing for you. If you want the weight off then you have to be more vigilant with calorie tracking. Planning for social events, eating out, etc., have to be factored in some way with your calorie allotment for the day or week.

As a rule of thumb, the following weekly targets would give a balance between minimizing negative side effects and seeing a reasonable weekly weight loss:

More than 75 lbs: 2 lbs/week
    40-75 lbs: 1.5 lbs/week
    10-40 lbs: 1 lb/week
    Less than 10 lbs: 0.5 lb/week

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants