do you really lose mfp's weekly estimate?

Options
I was wondering how many of you actually lose MFP's weekly amount (1,2 lbs) per week? Or do you just average this amount over a period of time?

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    i did for a long time, when i started out i was really strict about counting everything and not having any cheat meals i was losing 2.5 lbs/week (which is what i set my deficit too) pretty much right on the nose for about 5 months, then it started slowing a bit when i got a little more lax with my counting and smartened up to start eating more
  • jtmh2012
    jtmh2012 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    In my case, it was more of an average. Any given week can fluctuate.
  • schelly81
    schelly81 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Week by week no, but on average almost exactly. I lost 15 pounds in 10 weeks, and had lost 19 pounds in 3 months. I'm set at 1.5 per week.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    After a bit of a stall in April-early May (I lost less than a pound over three weeks), I have been, and even more this week.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    It averages out over time. Water, hormones, exercise such as weight lifting, sodium, TOM, medication, etc. will effect the rate at which your body burns fat each week. Therefore, looking at the average weekly weight loss over time such as a month or 6 weeks will give you the best average.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    .5 lb per week average when I do hit my goal yes.
  • Marlena0708
    Marlena0708 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I just started a month ago (goal set at 0.5 lbs per week) and I've lost 6 lbs total (average 1.5 lbs a week); so I've lost triple goal. I generally stay within 100-200 calories of daily goal, and I eat back my exercise, so I think I must have drastically underestimated daily activity when I set up my MFP.

So yes, I really lose MPF's weekly estimate, and then some (x3).
  • liz77095
    liz77095 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am three weeks in and have lost 1 pound even though I set it for 2. I weigh all my food and log it all too. I have been working out and lowered my level to sedentary. I only eat back half of any exercise calories. I cook at home so it is easy to tell what I am eating. I am unsure of what to do at this point.

I am 259 lbs
    Sedentary setting
    Two per week
    Exercise three to four a week.

Any suggestions would be welcome.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Alright. Are you weighing at the same time everyday, preferably first thing in the morning after bathroom? Also three weeks may not be enough time to see a shift due to water retention and fluctuations. I would give it a few more weeks. If you're weighing everything you eat and only eating back a portion of exercise calories, you really should see the scale move. Were you saying you have only seen 1 lb lost in three weeks, or you are losing one pound PER week rather than two per week?