Greek yogurt

Options
I usually take a Greek yogurt and a little bit of Special K to work every morning for breakfast. While Dannon light and fit is my favorite, I buy whatever is on special at the grocery store - one of them is always on sale! This morning I took my first bite of the Chobani 100 calorie and I was amazed! It is not sweet at all! I guess I am used to the artificial sweetener in the other kinds. Does anyone add anything to it to make it sweeter? I'm guessing a little honey would work. I'm eating these because I bought them but I'd love to have a sweeter taste to them!

Replies

• Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Honey is a good idea. I tend to add fresh berries to mine. Personally I prefer the Oikos (by Dannon) or Fage brand.
  • epiphany29
    epiphany29 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I think honey would be a good plan. You could also consider some sweet fruit as well to add to it. You and I are on the opposite spectrum. I don't like the light and fit and the ones with artificial sweeteners because they are so sweet. In fact, I usually make my own greek style yogurt because it has that awesome tang I crave.

Pip
  • dempseymom4
    dempseymom4 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I get the ones with the fruit on the bottom and usually add a half a banana in mine....they are very tart which shocked me the first time.
  • NMgirl2006
    NMgirl2006 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I agree the dannon light and fit are the best. Have you tried truvia, non naturals stevia or erythritol - all natural no calorie sweetners. The non natural stevia is so delicious but expensive and you only need a little bit.
  • stephb130181
    stephb130181 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    When I have Greek yoghurt, I always put a little honey in it. Its awesome, but does make you think about the amount of sweeteners etc that go in these other so called 'healthy living' yoghurts.

Steph xx
  • Daytonsmommy
    Daytonsmommy Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm LOVING the Chobani Key Lime Flips right now. It is key lime flavored yogurt with graham cracker crust pieces and white chocolate chips. It is 200 calories, but it is so delicious, high in protein, and no artificial sweetener. I just make sure I fit it into my calories...perfect way to kick my sweet craving.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    jam, jelly, honey, fruit, berries
  • mmredd100
    mmredd100 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I second the Oikos. I get plain vanilla with no fruit added because to me it always leaves an after taste. I chop up fresh strawberries and add some granola and make my own parfait. Just have to watch the granola cause it can be high in calories, fat, etc.
  • rodduz
    rodduz Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    A scoop of whey protein in Fage 0% fat for me at the minute. Will use the full fat when I'm back bulking.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I prefer the vanilla Chobani. I mix mandarin slices, green and purple grapes and walnuts in it. YUM!
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I usually add some fruit (usually berries and/or a banana). If it still needs some sweetening, I add about half a teaspoon of sugar. :)
  • maz504
    maz504 Posts: 450
    Options
    If I am eating plain greek yogurt, yeah, I add honey. Chobani always tastes off to me though... I prefer Oikos.
  • buzybev
    buzybev Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    It sorta comes down to the flavor. Blood Orange, pomegranate, and blueberry are the sweetest to me. The flips (key lime and banana) are sweet as well. Subjective opinion, though.
  • jeccawest91
    jeccawest91 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    oh i tried the voskos raspberry one and it was just >_< so bitter! but the vanilla one was perfect. i think it might just depend on the flavor.
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    jam, jelly, honey, fruit, berries

Yep, this!
  • iRun_Butterfly
    iRun_Butterfly Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I like a little honey in mine or a packet of stevia in the raw usually does the trick. I buy the plain fat free greek and have gotten used to it, so much so that I can't eat the flavored or sweetened yougurts any longer, they just taste wrong to me.
  • lemon629
    lemon629 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I used to use a little honey and usually fruit, but now I just like it plain or with fruit. Try gradually reducing the honey over time.
    Nuts are also good.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    A touch of honey or some protein powder.
  • Nachise
    Nachise Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I am not a fan of sweetened and flavored yogurt at all, especially those with artificial sweeteners. I add fruit to my yogurt in the morning. I used to use honey as well, but fruit does the trick for me. My regular breakfast has plain yogurt, cereal, banana, berries or other fresh fruit, and walnuts.
  • jhellwig828
    jhellwig828 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Oh man! I never thought about putting a scoop of jelly in it. I bet that's yummy! It seems like everyone agrees on the Oikos - I'll have to try that one next. Thanks!