How long does it take to get fit?

Options
I am completely unfit and lazy into the bargain. I do no exercise so decided in a moment of madness to start a boot camp. Three weeks in and 8 sessions later and I am still struggling with the warm up jogs never mind the drills themselves.I am giving it my all while there to the point where I have nearly puked. I know rationally it is still extremely early days but any ideas as to when I should start to see an improvement. I cannot fit any other exercise in at the moment to build on what I am doing at the moment. To make things worse I have put up 3 or 4 lbs on the scales and am not eating half the crap I was before I started the camp.

Replies

• MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    takes time to get your stamina built up.....

Also, do you track and log what you eat/drink??
    Do you measure/weigh your foods??
  • ashlando
    ashlando Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Endurance takes time to build and it is something that you will always be improving upon throughout your fitness journey. You cannot expect to see overnight results, especially only going to boot camp class 2 times a week. I'm sure you have made small but steady gains since you started and if you stick with it, you will be able to see measurable results. Chances are the extra weight on the scale is water weight as your muscles hold on to extra water after hard workouts. This is the case when you go from a sedentary lifestyle to working out very quickly. Stick with it and try to fit in more workouts and boot camp classes. If you go 4-5 days a week the results will happen faster!
  • Geminieve24
    Geminieve24 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Endurance takes time to build and it is something that you will always be improving upon throughout your fitness journey. You cannot expect to see overnight results, especially only going to boot camp class 2 times a week. I'm sure you have made small but steady gains since you started and if you stick with it, you will be able to see measurable results. Chances are the extra weight on the scale is water weight as your muscles hold on to extra water after hard workouts. This is the case when you go from a sedentary lifestyle to working out very quickly. Stick with it and try to fit in more workouts and boot camp classes. If you go 4-5 days a week the results will happen faster!

The weight gain is normal at first if you are strength training. And being that you never exercise, it can take awhile to build up your stamina and endurance and see some changes.

But think about how far you have come so far. It's all about changing your lifestyle. Remember your motivation and stay consistent! It can take more than 8 weeks of consistency to see an impact. Take your measurements as well.

Stick with it!!!! :)