Healthy Protein Powder

Options
letmv4
letmv4 Posts: 21 Member
Is there such a thing of a healthy, lower calorie, Protein Powder? I'm looking for something to add to smoothies for breakfast so I can make it more of a meal that will sustain. Thanks!

Replies

• benwiltbank
    benwiltbank Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Check out Isopure, super high protein with 0 carbs. Also, the EAS 100% whey is pretty good as well (8 carbs and 2 fat per serving) and you can get it at Target, which is convenient.
  • MRSpivey
    MRSpivey Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I currently use Six Star Whey Isolate Plus Elite Series Decadent Chocolate (Per Scoop: 30 grams of pure whey isolate, 8 grams BCAAs, 6 grams Glutamine, 3 grams Leucine, 2 carbs, and 1 gram sugar) but I'm always open to find something better, as long as I can tolerate the taste.
  • StephanieT0602
    StephanieT0602 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Bump so I can follow
  • blonditz
    blonditz Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I like About Time. 100 cal and 24g protein per scoop and a super short ingredient list.
  • sseqwnp
    sseqwnp Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    No, there's not really any such thing as a healthy protein powder.
  • hig17
    hig17 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I use EAS Lean 15 protein powder. It's 100 calories for two scoops.
  • ShannieMaire
    Options
    I like Nectar Sweets, they have about 100 calories, 4 carbs, and 23 grams of protein per scoop. I like the Chocolate the best.
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options

:huh:
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options

what part of protein powder is unhealthy?

tumblr_inline_n2si4ixdDA1rllljr.gif
  • SweeDecadence92
    SweeDecadence92 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I don't quite follow. Whats the difference between a regular whey "protein" and a healthy one?

Most basic whey protein powders come in at about 100-120 calories per serving (with water) you're not gonna do much better than that.

EDIT: I use Myprotein Whey Isolate. Does the job. Taste is mild. No weird and wonderful side effects.
  • itodd4019
    itodd4019 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I like Body Fortress =Walmart

best bang for the buck
  • abouttobebootylicious
    Options
    I use JuicePlus+ Complete. 120 calories, 0g fat, and 13g protein per scoop. I don't know the carbs offhand (22g, maybe?), but I remember the package saying that it is low glycemic index. It's also vegan, in case that is of interest to you.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I prefer Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard or Cellucor performance whey
  • QuiznatoddBidness
    QuiznatoddBidness Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna 2nd the vote for Isopure Zero Carb powder. awesome bang for the calorie/carb buck. many flavors, most not bad. Dutch chocolate is the flavor I recommend --- I love it as my iced coffee every single morning.

And whatever you do, be sure to purchase it online... not from your local store... your local store will likely charge double the price (not kidding, literally double).

Good luck!!
  • dacspace
    dacspace Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I also use EAS Lean 15. Just recently started using Core Nutritionals Core PRO. It has 25 g protein, 3g carbs, 2g fat and 130 calories for one scoop. It tastes really good too! It can be ordered on Amazon or Tiger Fitness (Amazon is cheaper with shipping). I buy it locally at a gym or GNC.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Avoid soy.....not for any reason other than it tastes like sewage. There may be other reasons to avoid it, I do not know, but the taste is wretched.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I like Trutein by Body Nutrition. 120 cals per scoop, and 25 g of protein. They've been rated some of the best tasting, and come in lots of really good flavors. I like the vanilla for its versatility.
  • meowincat
    meowincat Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I can't eat soy for medical reasons and it's hard to find protein products without soy. After much trial and error I found Vega Vanilla Almondilla powder and some flavors of NuGo protein bars.