30 lbs to lose club! 30LC

Hello everyone out there in the MFP community! Greetings from Texas. I am Reggie Hampton, a twenty year old college student and I have a goal.

A goal, to lose 30 lbs by the end of summer. Granted, I live in Texas so technically it doesn't start to cool down until Mid-late October so that's where I have my sights set, if not sooner. Back in high school, believe it or not, I played Defensive end for a 5A school. I know right, A five 10, 205 lb defensive end in 5A football...in Texas?! Yes, it was a struggle but I was damn good at what I did and I felt good, looked good. I mean, I worked out every day do most of the extra weight was muscle. Being as such, I never really cared that it said I was overweight, because I had the muscle, I worked out every day, and my coaches continued to tell
me to try and bulk up. So that's what I did, however, that all stopped when football was over. However, I continued to sparsely work out if I ever had time, and the scale always said 205, or close to that range.

The realization hit me that I was unhealthy when I took a visit to my doctor about a week ago. Who performed a physical on me while also taking my body fat percentage. Back in high school, it was 15 %, right now. It's 33%. I was blown away at the results and at the fact that I'd never even noticed.

But I have noticed now and I plan to do something about it. That's why I'm on MFP. It's time to get healthy again. And about looking good and feeling good, because 33% does not feel good anymore now that I know it's there. So if there's anyone that would like to join the 30LC, let me know. Add me as a friend. We'll go on this journey to fitness, one struggle at a time until it becomes triumphs and everyday activities. Even if you don't have 30 lbs to lose, and it's 10 lbs or 5 lbs you can join. And if it's 100 lbs, than I'd be happy to let you in as well. 30 is just a number, my number, you have your own numbers and I'm sure motivation can go a long way.

With that, I wish you all a blessed day and happy logging ;)

-Hamp Out

Replies

• I need to lose 40. I'm in!
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    i want to lose 33 lbs as of today! weight in is tomorrow!! I use to be 122 when i was like 15 which is my "ideal" weight for my 5'3 stature! I DO NOT want to be 122. I do remember being 167 lbs when i was 20 (6 years ago) and all i needed to do was to lose weight and tone up! NOW 6 years later, a son and life overall I'm at 193.2 (as of today). Mind you, when i was pregnant i reached 188 MAX. I'm curvy and want to get down to 160, MAYBE 150 but well see when i get there! I'm always on here and very encouraging! I'm part of TWO biggest loser competitions (one on here and one with my friends). I'm so ready to kick the weight this time around!!
  • pinkyslippers
    pinkyslippers Posts: 188 Member
    I'm in! I need to lose 30lbs but would be happy with 25. I hope you don't mind that I'm old enough to be your mum :-)
  • JassiBear
    JassiBear Posts: 268 Member
    I need to lose 40. I'm in!

Me too child...Count me in!!!!
  • PhilosopherHCS
    PhilosopherHCS Posts: 7 Member
    Hey HampGod, it's great to hear your motivation. Don't let it go!

Though 30 pounds in just the summer is going to be extremely difficult. You only have 3 months left! I would set a more moderate goal. You could certainly lose 30 by the end of the year, for instance.
  • HampGod
    HampGod Posts: 31
    Woo! Glad to see so many people respond so quickly. I love it. Time to get it! :)
  • aerhursch
    aerhursch Posts: 6 Member
    I'm trying to lose 32 lbs...I'm in! :)
  • Taytotot
    Taytotot Posts: 13 Member
    I am in too! I want to lose 30lbs by September 1st. Over all I want to lose 48lbs. I created a three month work out plan and am watching my calories. If anyone wants to see my workout schedule I have each month in jpgs. Feel free to add me as a friend. :smile:
  • AliceSwarthout
    AliceSwarthout Posts: 808 Member
    I'm only really trying for 20-25, but I'm basically in? I wouldn't mind if I lost 30.
  • I'm in. 30 lbs is actually my summer milestone I set.
  • I've got 35 pounds to lose :) I'm in and best of luck to everyone here!
  • starznholes
    starznholes Posts: 170 Member
    I'm in on this!
  • Taytotot
    Taytotot Posts: 13 Member
    Hey HampGod, it's great to hear your motivation. Don't let it go!

Though 30 pounds in just the summer is going to be extremely difficult. You only have 3 months left! I would set a more moderate goal. You could certainly lose 30 by the end of the year, for instance.

I think having a goal of 30lbs over the summer is not a bad thing if you realize there are stretch goals and easy goals. 30lbs is a stretch goal. Even if you you only lose 10lbs it's STILL 10 LBS!!!! Reach for the stars but still be happy with whatever comes your way. The point is your consistency and effort and attitude. That is what matters.
  • mswaters27
    mswaters27 Posts: 24 Member
    Thanks for sharing your story! I have 32 more lbs to lose, have lost 8 so far, and my goal is to be at my target weight (130) by the end of summer/early fall too! So I am totally in! Like you, I came to a rude awakening after my last doctors visit where I was told that I am technically obese. That is a scary word to hear. I am only 5'2" so 170 lbs is way too heavy for my little body to be! I cant wait to reach my potential, look good, and feel ever better! Motivation and support is what I need! We can do this! Anyone, feel free to add me! :)
  • tpeirona
    tpeirona Posts: 572 Member
    Count me in! I've got another 35 pounds or so to lose before I hit my goal weight and would love the motivation and accountability from friends. Feel free to add me!
  • HampGod
    30LC Baby :) I'm excited to lose (read: lose weight, win at health) with you all!!!
  • Support systems are huge! I can always use an extra push from someone. Let's face it, we all can't sustain motivation at its highest point all of the time. It's at these times when having others support you in your goals that matters most. If you return the favor, I will be one happy man :-).
  • samanthafinnie
    samanthafinnie Posts: 29 Member
    Count me in! I have around 30lb to lose as well! I love the support system on here it is great. If anyone wants they can add me as a friend!
  • HampGod
    Support systems are huge! I can always use an extra push from someone. Let's face it, we all can't sustain motivation at its highest point all of the time. It's at these times when having others support you in your goals that matters most. If you return the favor, I will be one happy man :-). Check out my site, I'm hoping to help people reduce their body fat the correct way so maybe picking a workout plan, in addition to using myfitnesspal's calorie counting, would make for the best results! www.madbody.com

I'll check it out. Seems pretty cool. Cause body fat was the issue with me. I want to get back down to 15% or less again
  • Kaa80
    Kaa80 Posts: 2 Member
    I'm in! :smile: