Tacos !

Options

Replies

• SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    I prefer burritos, but I'm sure the same filling can be used for tacos. I like a smokey pulled pork or spicy grilled chicken, or else ground beef. The meat is either cooked with or mixed with tomatoes, peppers, garlic and onions, black beans and corn, and either jalapeno, serrano or pablano peppers that have been roasted, plus a squeeze of lime. I grate a little extra sharp cheddar, and I use Ken's Steak House vidalia onion dressing instead of sour cream.
  • luv4cjandnilah
    luv4cjandnilah Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Soft shells (the ones you have to cook) or lettuce
    black beans
    corn
    ground turkey
    lime juice
    hot sauce
    lettuce
    green onions
    sprinkle of cheese
  • itodd4019
    itodd4019 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    mmmmm fish tacos

I make coleslaw fresh, put it in mini tortilla, with crispy fish (cooked in toaster oven) top with salsa and sour cream
  • Corjogo
    Corjogo Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Fish tacos are awesome!
    I agree!!!
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I love tacos... so much.

I prefer flour tortillas or corn if I'm doing crunchy. Can't ever go wrong with a classic taco, but my heart loves shrimp and fish tacos...

There was this little taco stand in Carlsbad, CA that made the BEST fish tacos...
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Baked taco bowls.......use an upside down muffin tin.

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/taco_bowls.html
  • Jewel0124
    Jewel0124 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Fish Tacos are the best!
  • jigsawxyouth
    jigsawxyouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I found an amazing recipe for crispy black bean tacos:
    http://supperforasteal.com/crispy-black-bean-tacos/

so many different ways to make these! YUM!
  • rachface1234
    rachface1234 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    My fave are fish or shrimp tacos (whatever is fresh) tossed with some good seasoning and fresh lime juice. I like corn tortillas because they have good texture. I like to top mine with my fave slaw recipe:

1 package coleslaw cabbage mix
    1 mango or 1 cup pineapple, diced
    1/4 cup pumpkin or sunflower seeds
    1/2 cup diced jicama
    1/2 cup diced red bell pepper

dressing for slaw;
    in blender combine
    1 avocado
    2 tbsp. olive oil
    3 tbsp. lime juice
    1/2 tbsp. cumin
    1 tsp chili powder
    1 tbsp. honey
    blend, and pour over slaw. Top your corn tortilla with protein and slaw, hot sauce, YUM!!!
  • Wiltord1982
    Wiltord1982 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... I'd kill for a taco right now...

giphy.gif
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Made shrimp tacos tonight. So good. Toss 1.5 lbs of shrimp in spice mix, and cook in a couple tbs of oil, 2 min on each side.

Spice mix: 1 TBS paprika, 2 tsp ground cumin, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp dried oregano, 3/4 tsp dried thyme, 1/2 tsp ground red pepper (to taste), 1/2 tsp salt

Put in a tortilla (I like flour) with sour cream, shredded cabbage (slaw mix), cilantro and squeeze of lime.

Takes less than 10 min!

These sound so good!! I will be making these in the near future. Thank you for sharing!!
  • cadaver0usb0nes
    cadaver0usb0nes Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    corn tortillas

fish tacos
    vegetarian/vegan tacos

PINTEREST RECIPES!
  • centexhusker
    centexhusker Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Easy Street Tacos!

90/10 Lean ground Turkey Meat
    Soft Corn Tortillas-heated
    Black Beans
    Corn
    Honey Mustard dressing to top off
    splash of lime for a little something extra

Deelish!

That sounds pretty darn good and healthy :)
  • Hadley_SM
    Hadley_SM Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Bump for ideas
  • pattykaye33
    pattykaye33 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Picadillo, egg and cheese tacos on corn are the bomb! You can find a great recipe for picadillo at skinnytaste.com
  • Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Made shrimp tacos tonight. So good. Toss 1.5 lbs of shrimp in spice mix, and cook in a couple tbs of oil, 2 min on each side.

Spice mix: 1 TBS paprika, 2 tsp ground cumin, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp dried oregano, 3/4 tsp dried thyme, 1/2 tsp ground red pepper (to taste), 1/2 tsp salt

Put in a tortilla (I like flour) with sour cream, shredded cabbage (slaw mix), cilantro and squeeze of lime.

Takes less than 10 min!

Yummy! Will try your shrimp taco recipe this weekend!
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Tacos are my favorite!! YUM...I like veggie tacos once in a while. They are soo good and I don't miss the meat. My fave though are shredded beef tacos. Just though some type of beef in the crock pot.

Any kind of beef that is good when shredded
    peppers
    onions
    chili powder
    cumin
    garlic powder
    onion powder
    can of tomato sauce (or salsa)
    salt & pepper
    a lil bit of water

Cook until it shreds. Put on a toasted corn tortilla, add some spinach, hot sauce and queso fresco. So good!!!

Edit: Sorry I do not measure my spices when I cook.
  • Izanami66
    Izanami66 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Mmmm, my favorite is carnitas: put a pork loin (we usually divide one in thirds, so we get three meals out of it) in the crockpot with a little water or stock, and cover with your favorite spices. We use chipotle seasoning, garlic powder, salt, pepper, paprika, red pepper, etc. We let it cook on low all day, and when you to go eat, you just shred it up, put it in the tortilla of your choice (we use good whole wheat low cal ones) and top with lettuce, salsa, sour cream, diced onion, avocado, fresh cilantro, and a squeeze of lime. Diabolically delicious! Last time we even added some black beans that we cooked from dry (the soak overnight method), and..... :love: Now I'm starving!!!!! I've seen some really great other ideas here too! Love me some tacos!!
  • La_Malfaisante
    La_Malfaisante Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    bump
  • pdank311
    pdank311 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Every single one of you killed me this afternoon... in a good way.

Fortunately I have mahi, chicken, flour & corn tortillas, avocado, and every possible fixin in my kitchen when I finally get home.

So yeah, it's looking like tacos tonight!