Is it too late?

Options
Hi

I have gone over my calories this weekend by around 1200 calories (I don't need anyone to tell me how bad this is either).

My question is can I burn them off by exercising and not eating the burned calories back over the next two days or is it too late?

Many Thanks in advance

Jaycee x

Replies

• lexistepps
    lexistepps Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I would say try to do one really good cardio workout, and then eat back enough calories so that you aren't hungry anymore by the end of the day, and then just call this weekend a lesson and move on! That is what I do, if I cheat, I whoop myself the next day with a good cardio workout, and then I just eat like I normally would and chalk it up to experience :smile:
  • skinnyclothes
    Options
    I would say try to do one really good cardio workout, and then eat back enough calories so that you aren't hungry anymore by the end of the day, and then just call this weekend a lesson and move on! That is what I do, if I cheat, I whoop myself the next day with a good cardio workout, and then I just eat like I normally would and chalk it up to experience :smile:
    [/quote

I agree! Call this weekend a lesson. Lesson learn moving on! It happens to all of us ;)
  • lushy20
    lushy20 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    some people use a cheat day where they eat what they want, its not a bad thing either cause it kick starts your metabolism if its starting to go slow.

dont dwell on the past and just look to the future you can do it :)
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    If you want to throw in an extra cardio work out - that would be great. But don't beat yourself up about the extra calories. 1200 is actually not horrible for a weekend and as long as you get back on the bandwagon, you'll do fine. We can't change the past we can only make better choices in the future. Feeling guilt or disgust with ourselves is SO no productive, I think it tends to lead to a "screw it" attitude. Keep the past in the past where it belongs and just move forward. Learn from your experience and remember you are going to have other days where you go overboard, you can't play catch up all the time. Persistance not perfection is the key.
  • SoldierWife99
    Options
    I agree with what everyone else is saying, count it as a "free" day, and move on!
    A good workout will do you good, mentally and physically!
    Let this be a lesson learned for the next time you want to "go over", remember how you felt today, it will help you make the decision about if what you are about to eat is worth it.
  • trubeauty
    Options
    In reality, this is a lifestyle change, not a test, so there aren't any "cheat" days just days were we may not do our best. I agree to workout harder and don't beat yourself up. There are going to be BBQ's, Birthdays, Parties, Anniversaries, Weddings, Heartaches, Joy, Laughter, and Ben n' Jerrys for the rest of your life!
  • trubeauty
    Options
    In reality, this is a lifestyle change, not a test, so there aren't any "cheat" days just days were we may not do our best. I agree to workout harder and don't beat yourself up. There are going to be BBQ's, Birthdays, Parties, Anniversaries, Weddings, Heartaches, Joy, Laughter, and Ben n' Jerrys for the rest of your life!
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    The MFP plan factors in a defecit for every day depending on your weight loss goal that you set when you signed up. If your defecit is 500 calories per day you didn't go over by 1200, you went over by 200. Translated, instead of losing the weight equivalent of the 1000 calories for the past two days. you basically broke even. No harm, no foul, move on. The "cheat day" someone made reference to is a good strategy to keep your body guessing. Being over on calories is much less of a thing to worry about if you are exercising than not eating your exercise burned calories putting you way under. Too many extreme defecit days will get your body to go into "starvation mode", which is difficult to break out of.

"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things." - George Carlin