Gaining Weight form Unknown Sources

Options
Hey,
So I started losing weight in August. I started at 220 lbs and dropped to 151 a couple of week ago. Since then I hopped on the scale and I'm up to 159. I dont understand. I drink a ton of water- I've limited my food intake- I exercise DAILY (walking, Calisthenics, Strength Training). I became a vegetarian and that helped. What am I doing wrong? Why am I gaining so much weight SO quickly! Its freaking me out! I worked so hard to lose this weight and not I'm almost back in the 60s. I was literally 151 two weeks ago....

Replies

• emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Either you're overestimating your exercise calories or you're underestimating the amount of food you eat. Try and be careful to log everything that goes into your mouth and get a food scale.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    Considering a gallon of water weighs approximately 8 pounds; a ton of it will weigh more.
  • lisa812many
    lisa812many Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Weight will fluctuate from time to time, water retention and other less serious issues can be the cause or it could be something more serious. If you are tracking well and it continues, see a doctor.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Are you tracking your food, exercise, measurements? Have you re-calculated your TDEE based on your new weight?

http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    How do you track your food? Do you weigh your solid foods (not measure)? It's important to do that. make sure your exercise calories are accurate as well, by using a good heart rate monitor with a chest strap. you will gain water weight occasionally, but that should drop off after a few days; if it doesn't, it's weight you've gained.